BCD325p2 Firmware update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris0516

That is the message I am getting from FreeScan, since yesterday.

My birthday is coming up. So, I was looking on Uniden(BCD325p2) and Scanner Master, yesterday. For ideas' to give people(close to me).

When I started looking at the FirmWare upgrade. I noticed my FirmWare overdue for an update.

My FirmWare was 1.07.09 yesterday. I noticed that 1.08 was released last year. So I downloaded the updated firmware file. But it is not installing the firmware updates, when I run the file.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
That is the message I am getting from FreeScan, since yesterday.

My birthday is coming up. So, I was looking on Uniden(BCD325p2) and Scanner Master, yesterday. For ideas' to give people(close to me).

When I started looking at the FirmWare upgrade. I noticed my FirmWare overdue for an update.

My FirmWare was 1.07.09 yesterday. I noticed that 1.08 was released last year. So I downloaded the updated firmware file. But it is not installing the firmware updates, when I run the file.
You don't download the firmware file & try to install it. You run the BC_VUP_V3 updater, choose the scanner model in the updater, and it does the rest, including fetching the firmware from Uniden. Have you tried doing it that way? Make sure that you are connected to the internet when doing it.

Or, if you have tried the correct way, are you seeing an error message about connecting? If so, your ISP or anti-virus may be blocking access.

Chris0516

You don't download the firmware file & try to install it. You run the BC_VUP_V3 updater, choose the scanner model in the updater, and it does the rest, including fetching the firmware from Uniden. Have you tried doing it that way? Make sure that you are connected to the internet when doing it.

Or, if you have tried the correct way, are you seeing an error message about connecting? If so, your ISP or anti-virus may be blocking access.
'Download', was the wrong word, on my part.

It is completely skipping the scanner model question

I have a Broadband connection. So connecting to the Internet isn't a problem.

Chris0516

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber

Who is your ISP? Some of them, especially Hughes, block access to FTP sites, which is where the updater would be getting the file. That might also prevent the updater from accessing the list of scanners as well. And, as already mentioned, some anti-virus or security software also blocks FTP access.

Chris0516

Who is your ISP? Some of them, especially Hughes, block access to FTP sites, which is where the updater would be getting the file. That might also prevent the updater from accessing the list of scanners as well. And, as already mentioned, some anti-virus or security software also blocks FTP access.
My ISP, is Spectrum. But they are actually a subsidiary of another ISP, Charter(Communications). My e-mail goes through Charter's e-mail server.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Ok it is not a Charter/Spectrum problem as that is my IP and I have had no problems updating 4 BCD325P2's and 9 BCD996P2's.
Have you tried to reinstall the program 100%?
Have you used this same computer to upgrade the same scanner in the past?
Did you download the Uniden Serial Driver from the Uniden Website?

cg

Premium Subscriber
If it is skipping the scanner model, perhaps there is a communications issue between the scanner and the computer. Are you able to read/program the scanner?

chris

Chris0516

Ok it is not a Charter/Spectrum problem as that is my IP and I have had no problems updating 4 BCD325P2's and 9 BCD996P2's.
Have you tried to reinstall the program 100%?
Have you used this same computer to upgrade the same scanner in the past?
Did you download the Uniden Serial Driver from the Uniden Website?
I have installed the FirmWare 100% on an 'old' computer. I did that on the 'old' computer. For 1.07.09 That computer fried in Dec. 19'. Best Buy transferred all the data on the HD. To a new computer. Yes, I downloaded it from Uniden's website.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
BC_VUP3
I have installed the FirmWare 100% on an 'old' computer. I did that on the 'old' computer. For 1.07.09 That computer fried in Dec. 19'. Best Buy transferred all the data on the HD. To a new computer. Yes, I downloaded it from Uniden's website.

So you downloaded and installed BC_VUP3? But when you try to run it (from the Start Menu) you just get an error message, not the dialog box asking what scanner model?

I would uninstall BC_VUP3 (using "Settings" or the control panel, not just deleting it) and download it and install it again.

Blackink

I never liked the way Uniden's instructions are layed out on their Web site.
Maybe try following these instructions after you delete the original firmware downloader and see if you have better luck...

The Uniden Web site instructions aren't too clear. The Web site says:
These are the installation Steps from the Uniden Web site:
Download
BC_VUP3 Firmware Updater for DMA Scanners
, unzip the file, then run the installer to install this utility. Then, run the utility and follow the on-screen prompts to select the scanner model and firmware version to apply.

When I unzip that folder, I see a folder labeled BC_VUP_V3_03_00. Inside that folder is a setup.exe file and a Setup_BC_VUP.msi file.

The only reason I selected the Setup_BC_VUP.msi file is because it was the closest match to what the instructions say to select: Run the BC_VUP3 utility.

It would have been nice if the instructions mentioned selecting the Setup_BC_VUP.msi file rather than to Run the BC_VUP3 utility.

I think it would be a bit clearer for people if it read: Installation Steps:
Download and unzip BC_VUP_V3_03_00.zip. Find the extracted files and open the BC_VUP_V3_03_00 folder. Click on the BC_VUP3.msi file, select Install. Once the utility is installed, go to your Start Menu and select BC_VUP3 to run the utility and follow the on-screen instructions.

Once this updater is installed, you'll never have to download it again. if there is a firmware update, just run the BC VUP3 from your Start Menu to run the utility and follow the on-screen instructions.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
These are the installation Steps from the Uniden Web site:
Download
BC_VUP3 Firmware Updater for DMA Scanners
, unzip the file, then run the installer to install this utility. Then, run the utility and follow the on-screen prompts to select the scanner model and firmware version to apply.

When I unzip that folder, I see a folder labeled BC_VUP_V3_03_00. Inside that folder is a setup.exe file and a Setup_BC_VUP.msi file.

It would have been nice if the instructions mentioned selecting the Setup_BC_VUP.msi file rather than to Run the BC_VUP3 utility.

It says "run the installer". setup.exe is the installer. Perhaps it should say "run setup.exe".

Status
Not open for further replies.