BCD325P2 help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

james07731

Premium Subscriber
Hello all. Any help greatly appreciated. I recently bought a BCD325P2. I cleared it & programmed it using ARCXT. Everything works good, but when I scan, it also scans the preprogrammed public safety search.

When I turn off all the quick keys, I expect it to say "nothing to scan" like it would on my BCD396. Instead, it scans all the public safety search frequencies.

What am I missing? Thanks.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Try going into the Configuration Editor (Scanner>Configuration Editor) and in the Service Search tab, see if Public Safety has the L/O box checked. If it is unchecked, that means the Public Safety band will be searched.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Try going into the Configuration Editor (Scanner>Configuration Editor) and in the Service Search tab, see if Public Safety has the L/O box checked. If it is unchecked, that means the Public Safety band will be searched.
While you are scanning, and the unit goes into the Service Search, hitting the Function key and then Lockout will turn off that search.

However, as ofd8001 noted, you'd still need to get it disabled in your software configuration. Otherwise, the next time you loaded a changed programming file to the scanner, you'd be turning that search back on.

wtp

small correction ...

Function + lock out = temporary lockout F+L/O
Function+ lockout,lockout = permanent lockout F+L/O,L/O

a temporary lock out means it will come back when the power is cycled (off and on)
also check for a personal message.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
But if you open an existing configuration file in ARC-XT and write it to the scanner, the settings of the configuration file will "prevail". So you'll still need to confirm it is locked out in the configuation editor. If not, you'll have to go through the keypad lockout process again.

Status
Not open for further replies.