Bcd325P2 in Missouri

Lobster57

Greetings all. I was looking at purchasing a BCD325P2 for picking up state and county police. They are using APCO 25 Phase1. Although one page says phase 2. Was wondering from the experts here if there would be any problem with this working for me. I don't think it is encrypted but not sure. I know the SDS 200 and 100 are better choices, but way out of my budget.
I am located in Cole county Mo.
Thanks for any assistance!

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Skimming through the database I'm seeing both sites listed in MOSWIN for Cole County are single site so simulcast distortion (among the most commonly reported issues on the Uniden Tech Support Forum & others) shouldn't be a factor for you so that's good news. I wouldn't anticipate any problems monitoring with a 325p2 so long as system is programmed properly. Using programming software like Proscan along with a Radio Reference premium subscription makes programming large trunked radio systems a breeze

I don't think it is encrypted but not sure.
You are correct, talkgroups in your county are in the clear (mode "D"). If they were fully encrypted they'd be mode "DE"

Last edited:

Lobster57

Skimming through the database I'm seeing both sites listed in MOSWIN for Cole County are single site so simulcast distortion (among the most commonly reported issues on the Uniden Tech Support Forum & others) shouldn't be a factor for you so that's good news. I wouldn't anticipate any problems monitoring with a 325p2 so long as system is programmed properly. Using programming software like Proscan along with a Radio Reference premium subscription makes programming large trunked radio systems a breeze

You are correct, talkgroups in your county are in the clear (mode "D"). If they were fully encrypted they'd be mode "DE"
Thanks for the reply. Still trying to learn about these digital scanners. Appreciate the help!