BCD325P2 keypad, and unable to contact parts department any longer for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GROL

Has anyone had issues with the keypad of the BCD325P2 wearing off? The keys have all the info printed on them like the BCD436HP which wore off really fast when I first got mine. Within a few months. I had to replace the keypad for my BCD436HP and the replacement has not worn off as much as the original did. That was maybe 4 years ago. I don't see a replacement is available for the BCD325P2 if it happens to wear off. Even if there was one, I expect I would have trouble receiving it as I cannot sort out a recent parts order with Uniden due to no response from them.

I ordered a replacement display window for my BCD436HP and a few of those really good Uniden wrist straps to use with some of my marine handhelds, but I received someone else's order, and was never able to to receive the correct order. I could not find a phone number for parts to ask about the order. Had to call the support line twice and was told the same thing both times, they would send it to corporate. Corporate, not parts dept? I emailed order@uniden.com 4 times over about a two week period, and never got any response. What if I had ordered a radio directly from Uniden and got the wrong item. All I received from that email address was automated replies to expect a response in 24-36 hours. Apparently no one checks the emails for that address! Now it's been 6 weeks and I expect I will never see what I ordered.

I just bought the BCD325P2 due to it's size compared to the BCD436HP, but disappointed the keypad is not backlit. Strange! The BCD396XT is only slightly larger and the keypad is backlit. Someone suggested it was due to battery drain that the keypad is not lit, but you don't run the keypad light very much and I am getting plenty of run time with Eneloop batteries in this BCD325P2. It seems to work pretty well and the audio is great, but it is the first Uniden scanner I have had to use IFx a lot for several birdies in the 225-400 MHz range. During a search it would stop several times and checking without an antenna, sure enough it was internally generated. I am sort of on the fence about returning it to Amazon and calling it quits on Uniden radios. These radios are too expensive to have such limited support.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
This is pre-pandemic info but I thought I’d throw it up here just in case;

UNIDEN PARTS DEPT (replacement lens for 436)
GDW107568ZZ

The display window part number is GDW107568ZZ and the front case part number is GCF107565ZZ.

Parts Dept. 1-800-620-7531
1-800-554-3988

BCD325P2 keypad part #
LKR102616EZ

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
This address helped when I got nowhere with the parts dept. when I asked them to sell and send me case, display and keypads for the BCD436HP. Their take on things was to send the scanner in to them. Since I wanted the parts to refurbish the radio if and when I were to sell it, I wanted the parts sent to me. So I wrote a letter to Uniden and a woman named Samantha accommodated me. I got the stuff I asked for but it took a while! Here is the address I used. I don’t know if Samantha still works there but she knew her business and took care of me. (My dealings with offshore companies, even those with corporate offices in country, are that there are differing business philosophies on how to deal with sales, service and parts. Icom (ham radio) is a Japan company with offices in the US. When they came out with a new radio, the US office offered to write the manual for it after seeing what Japan had put together, an obvious foreign written, lost in translation attempt… they were told no. Go figure.)

Uniden America
3001 Gateway Drive, STE 130
Irving, TX 75063

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
Looks like Uniden is sold out at this time anyway...

Even here too...

GROL

Thanks for the info! I had ordered the BCD436HP window, but got someone else's order that had a suction cup mount for something. I even included a copy of that packing list in my email to them. I'll see if that 800 number works.

GROL

This address helped when I got nowhere with the parts dept. when I asked them to sell and send me case, display and keypads for the BCD436HP. Their take on things was to send the scanner in to them. Since I wanted the parts to refurbish the radio if and when I were to sell it, I wanted the parts sent to me. So I wrote a letter to Uniden and a woman named Samantha accommodated me. I got the stuff I asked for but it took a while! Here is the address I used. I don’t know if Samantha still works there but she knew her business and took care of me. (My dealings with offshore companies, even those with corporate offices in country, are that there are differing business philosophies on how to deal with sales, service and parts. Icom (ham radio) is a Japan company with offices in the US. When they came out with a new radio, the US office offered to write the manual for it after seeing what Japan had put together, an obvious foreign written, lost in translation attempt… they were told no. Go figure.)

Uniden America
3001 Gateway Drive, STE 130
Irving, TX 75063
I always get a good chuckle out of Engrish. I mentioned that to my wife recently and she had no idea what I was talking about. So I pulled out the instructions for an outside Solar Paneled street light I recently bought and read it to her. She got a good laugh! Yeah, I got sort of disappointed with Icom several years ago. Too many issues with some of their radios. I switched to Yaesu and have been very pleased so far, but some of their new radios are clearly Chinese engineered products so not sure how long this will last either.

GROL

This is no longer the parts Dept. 1-800-620-7531 But with Option 2, I did get to someone that saw the two messages previously sent to corporate when I called in. He said he was sending an email to someone else to get action taken on it. I asked about the parts department. He said they no longer have a dedicated parts dept, but if I called back to the same number any agent would look up parts and take orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.