BCD325P2 & NXDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadcall

The BCD325P2 does not decode Nxdn at this time. The only scanner which will do it is the Whistler TX-1 and TX-2. You can pay for an upgrade to get DMR and Provoice on the BCD325P2.

peewee007

Gary Hanson
Feed Provider
Time to revive this threat a lil bit for any updates - I see there will be a new scanner expected to be released that would cover NXDN at the end of June and I'm wondering if there's possibly an update for NXDN in the works for the 325p2 as well ? Thanks

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Uniden just released NXDN for the 436 and 536, but there may be hardware limits for any of the other Uniden scanners. I wouldn't hold my breath, frankly

Mike

wbswetnam

Uniden just released NXDN for the 436 and 536, but there may be hardware limits for any of the other Uniden scanners. I wouldn't hold my breath, frankly

Mike

As long as Uniden doesn't outright declare that the 325/996 cannot accept any further upgrades, I'm holding out hope that it will be possible sometime down the road.

rabrol

Premium Subscriber
Yep, I've got a 436 & 536 upgraded with NXDN, and if an update is offered for the P2 radios I'll be ordering 2 more keys!

A point to note is that the DMR update the the P2 range came quite some time after the 436 & 536 update became available.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00A using Tapatalk

jimmymjonesdms

Premium Subscriber
Yep, I bought the New NXDN Upgrade for my 536, but I currently have no NXDN Sites in my area, (Houston), but do have Pro Voice and DMR in my general area. (Houston) I'm in the Dallas area at this writing, which has many NXDN locations. Because I'm a "Dummy" (Programing wise), when it comes to using my 536 with all of its features, I currently get very little use out of the unit. I love my 325p2 and 996p2 units, and would enjoy, (when traveling), the NXDN Upgrade for the P2's.

Question???

Do you expect the Future SDS Unit(s) to be as complex, (for Dummy's like me), to Program as the 436 & 536?

Thanks,

Jim

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The SDS100 currently uses the exact same version of Sentinel as the 436 and 536. That will eventually change in some to accommodate the additional features of the SDS100 nou found in the x36 line, but they will continue to share she same overall programming structure. It's not actually any more difficult, it's just different. I recommend learning it unless you want to get stuck using models 3 generations away from state of the art.

Status
Not open for further replies.