BCD325P2 stopping receiving any channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atown11

Premium Subscriber
Why does my BCD325P2 make a loud continious tone when it stops on a channel.It didnt do this before. Thanks!

tvengr

Well Known Member
Are you using battery power or external power supply? Bad batteries with a high internal resistance can cause a receiver to break into oscillation. Does the tone change with volume?

Atown11

Premium Subscriber
I changed batteries,didnt help.The tone dont change with the volume.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Does the tone stay on for the entire length of the transmission? If not, you may have accidentally programmed alert tones. Some P25 systems transmit a 4 khz tone. You can go to Settings in the scanner menu and turn on the P25 LP Filter. If that doesn't fix the problem, leave the filter off.

Last edited:

Atown11

Premium Subscriber
I tried filter on and off,no change except I dont pick anything up now,I dont recall what I did to cause it.

Atown11

Premium Subscriber
My BCD325P2 stopped picking anything up.When I manually trun to control channel I get a loud continuous tone.Any suggestions on what to check?
Thanks!

RBMTS

You were given a lot of suggestions back in your original thread:

Since none of those worked, you probably will need to just send it back to Uniden to be checked and possibly repaired.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
I feel you may have programmed it incorrectly. You may have just frequencies in and not talkgroups? Putting in the control channel frequencies will give you some noise and those frequencies do not carry any voice traffic.

If you can supply us with a video, picture or even the programming file?

Or there was a change done in the radio system your monitoring.
Does it sound like this? if so, that's mototrbo digital that it cant decode without acquiring an upgrade from Uniden.

Atown11

Premium Subscriber
You were given a lot of suggestions back in your original thread:

Since none of those worked, you probably will need to just send it back to Uniden to be checked and possibly repaired.
Thanks, its still under warranty .Im going crazy,ha! thanks for all the help I appreciate it.

Atown11

Premium Subscriber
It doesnt sound like that.I reset scanner and used freescan put saved freq back in.I'll play with it some more see what happens,thanks

tvengr

Well Known Member
What system are you trying to monitor? It sounds like you may be entering conventional frequencies instead of frequencies in a trunked system.

Status
Not open for further replies.