BCD325P2 with ProScan and FREEscan

Status
Not open for further replies.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
Hi

Just got a BCD325P2 and i was going to program some frequency's in to the scanner, but i need a little help doing it.

So i already have a program setup in my Freescan that i will just transfer over to my BCD325P2. I had bought the BCD325P2 because i was looking for a handheld trunk tracker and i was looking to monitor some P25 and DMR Systems as well as some Conventional P25 Frequency's. But i cant seem to program any P25 Systems with FREEscan, i don't think FREEscan supports DMR, but i know it supports P25. I wish Freescan supported DMR, so this whole thing would be much easier.

On the other hand, I had made a program in ProScan for my BCD325P2 and i tried uploading the program to my scanner but the program would not upload no matter what. ProScan is so confusing anyway and i don't like the program, i tried looking for YouTube videos and manuals to hep me but nothing came up that was of use.

So i am at a loss of how to program the BCD325P2, I don't know how i can have a program from FREEscan and a program from ProScan Running at the same time. i don't know how to program everything in ProScan because there aren't any good mauls or tutorials to help me. I am having a lot of trouble with programming in ProScan. In addition i Have had some trouble with setting the tone and mode on some conventional P25 frequency's.
I'm just at a loss of how to program the BCD325P2, Programming this scanner is a lot more difficult than i imagined.

These are some systems i would like to program (Along with others not listed here):
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=1744
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7363
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8344
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7468
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=9007

Thanks,
Nick

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
nickthequick0,

Regarding ProScan: What's so confusing and what don't you like about ProScan? Asking for statistical purposes, seriously. This is the 3rd time I've heard that in 12 years out of hundreds of compliments. The first 2 times turned out not to be justified so yours will be the first.

I tried to make everything self explanatory so let me see if I can clear up any confusion. Of course with more options, it goes with the territorial.

{edit} With thousands of people using ProScan, I have very very very few questions regarding how to use. Most are Comm Port related questions.

I think in your case, FREEscan has the comm. port open so it is preventing ProScan from opening the same comm port.

Last edited:

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
nickthequick0,

Regarding ProScan: What's so confusing and what don't you like about ProScan? Asking for statistical purposes, seriously. This is the 3rd time I've heard that in 12 years out of hundreds of compliments. The first 2 times turned out not to be justified so yours will be the first.

I don't like ProScan because it is not letting me export the program to my scanner, and it's not easy to set up the frequencies, In my first post I had said I needed help exporting the program to my scanner, i don't know how to figure out the program. Now are you going to help me or not?

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Please watch you attitude.

I suggest that you take your own advice. Bob (ProScan) is a very valued and long time member of this community who has written some top notch and invaluable software that countless members of this community use on a daily basis. You, on the other hand, are the new guy around here who apparently can't seem to figure out how to use any software to program your scanner. That sounds like a problem with you, not with FreeScan or ProScan.

If you want help with figuring out how to use software to program your scanner, then I suggest not starting off with "ProScan is so confusing anyway and i don't like the program". If you don't like it, then move along to something else. :roll:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Please watch you attitude.
I don't like ProScan because it is not letting me export the program to my scanner, and it's not easy to set up the frequencies, it's not a simple as FREEscan. In my first post I had said I needed help exporting the program to my scanner, i don't know how to figure out the program. Now are you going to help me or not? Or what

Tone it down please. I'm here to help.
First the terminology "export" You didn't use that in your first post. Re-reading, I think you mean "Downloading". It may seem minor but is important so we know we are on the same page.

To download data from the scanner to ProScan, ProScan needs to be communicating with the scanner. Is it communicating? You can tell by the ProScan virtual display. Does it show the scanner info?

If it is not communicating, we need to troubleshoot that first.

Last edited:

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
I suggest that you take your own advice.....You, on the other hand, are the new guy around here who apparently can't seem to figure out how to use any software to program your scanner.....That sounds like a problem with you, not with FreeScan or ProScan. If you don't like it, then move along to something else. :roll:

Stop. I myself have programed scanners many times before. Im not that new, i try figuring out a lot of programs myself , but i was stumped so i asked for help. i just am stuck with this and asked for help. Chill out.

First the terminology "export" You didn't use that in your first post. Re-reading, I think you mean "Downloading". ...To download data from the scanner to ProScan, ProScan needs to be communicating with the scanner. Is it communicating?

Yes thanks, i admit i jumped before but i forgot and moved on.
Sorry about that i meant "Downloading" before not exporting. The scanner shows that it is communicating with ProScan, i do see that the display at the top shows exactly whats on my BCD325P2. I set up the COM ports and it detected my scanner before also. When i go to Download the programing to my scanner it shows an error and before i can read it it goes away.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Stop. I myself have programed scanners many times before. Im not that new, i try figuring out a lot of programs myself , but i was stumped so i asked for help. i just am stuck with this and asked for help. Chill out.

Yes thanks, i admit i jumped before but i forgot and moved on.
Sorry about that i meant "Downloading" before not exporting. The scanner shows that it is communicating with ProScan, i do see that the display at the top shows exactly whats on my BCD325P2. I set up the COM ports and it detected my scanner before also. When i go to Download the programing to my scanner it shows an error and before i can read it it goes away.

What does the error say?{edit} nevermind, I see it goes away. I don't know what that is and no error messages should go away by itself.

Next step is creating a database file.
1. Go to the Database menu and click on File.
2. Choose a name for the File.
3. Click Save.

Now click on Download From Scanner and see what happens

Last edited:

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
Next step is creating a database file.
1. Go to the Database menu and click on File.
2. Choose a name for the File.
3. Click Save.

Now click on Download From Scanner and see what happens

I Just tried this and the same thing is happening. I will try restarting my computer after i save it and see what happens.. I will also try to see what the error MSG says before it goes away.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I Just tried this and the same thing is happening. I will try restarting my computer after i save it and see what happens.. I will also try to see what the error MSG says before it goes away.

Insure ProScan scanner type is set for BCD325P2. It should be since you did an Auto Detect.

Do you have a database file open? At the bottom of ProScan in the status bar, if a database is opened, the file name will show.

Does the Download Dialog Window appear, showing the options [X] Download Systems and [X] Download Configuration? If so, insure the check boxes are checked.

Last edited:

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
Insure ProScan scanner type is set for BCD325P2. It should be since you did an Auto Detect.
Do you have a database file open? At the bottom of ProScan in the status bar, if a database is opened, the file name will show.
Does the Download Dialog Window appear, showing the options [X] Download Systems and [X] Download Configuration? If so, insure the check boxes are checked.

I have checked and the scanner type is st to my BCD325P2. I have the database file open that i would like to download to my scanner.

Before when i was saying"Downloading or "Exporting" i actually mean "Upload To scanner". Sorry i didn't clear that up before. When i go to the Database Tab> Systems> Upload To Scanner, I have everything checked and hit "Upload" everything works and then and error comes Saying:
System Error - 102, SystemName = KLSD, Code = -1
System Error - 102, SystemName = OneVoice Network, Code = -1
System Error - 102, SystemName = pdvWireless, Code = -1

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have checked and the scanner type is st to my BCD325P2. I have the database file open that i would like to download to my scanner.

Before when i was saying"Downloading or "Exporting" i actually mean "Upload To scanner". Sorry i didn't clear that up before. When i go to the Database Tab> Systems> Upload To Scanner, I have everything checked and hit "Upload" everything works and then and error comes Saying:

For some reason, the scanner was not able to create the systems.

Are these MotoTRBO or DMR One Freq. systems?
Did you upgrade your BCD325P2 to DMR/MotoTRBO?

{edit} Also what version of Firmware installed?

Last edited:

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
What about the scanner. Did you apply the DMR/MotoTRBO key and is the firmware version 1.07.06?

No i haven't applied any key and i haven't updated. My firmware version is 1.06.00. I will update my scanner and see what happens when i try to Upload my program to my scanner

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
Any system type other than DMR/TRBO will take.

Here is the Uniden DMR link if you don't have it already.
DigitalMobileRadioUpgradeforBCDxxxP2 < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

I have updated to the new firmware and everything seems to be working. I created my program in ProScan and uploaded it to my scanner no problem. Everything seems to be scanning correctly, i just have one question is there a way i can program the UID's in a trunked system.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have updated to the new firmware and everything seems to be working. I created my program in ProScan and uploaded it to my scanner no problem. Everything seems to be scanning correctly, i just have one question is there a way i can program the UID's in a trunked system.

Glad it's working.

On the UID question, it's programmed just like a TGID channel under any Group (TGID) nodes.

Prepend the UID with a "i"

Status
Not open for further replies.