BCD325P2 - Worked one time

ScottSlezak

They just started a P25e here: Subcategory: Bell County Cities/Middlesboro (Bell County)
All i want to hear is the 151.0700, I programmed that in the scanner under the conventional and the P25. 1 time it picked up the P25 and talked clear showing the ID# using the ID search scan. And it tries to talk on the conventional one but only hear a few words when it kicks in and out. I read many threads here, watched many videos on how to, the weather, priority and close call is off and only that frequency number programed in. Does the radio have a bad antenna is it simulcast, i do not know what is wrong or even if this scanner will work in that area. I am very new to this digital and no i do not use a software i have been hand programming it. Thank you for any info. I have upgraded the scanner to its newest version and also reset it to factory settings, the only thing i have not done yet is throw it on the ground...lol

Last edited:

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the RR forums; you are aware that P25e (small "e" suffix) indicates partial encryption, correct? Nonetheless it's a bit unusual that the same agency would still carry conventional traffic on the same exact frequency as the P25 traffic. One would assume that when a P25 unit would key up that it would override any analog traffic on the same frequency. You're certain you're not hearing a different agency on analog?

Does the radio have a bad antenna
A good test for this would be to tune to your local NOAA weather frequency. Does it too cut in and out?

fredva

Feed Provider
To prevent confusion, I'd recommend referring to the two types of transmissions as P25 (or "digital") and analog. Both the P25 and the analog are on what is called a conventional radio system, which means that specific frequencies are assigned for specific purposes (in this case, PD dispatch).

For the analog side, did you program in the PL tone of 77.0?

ScottSlezak

Welcome to the RR forums; you are aware that P25e (small "e" suffix) indicates partial encryption, correct? Nonetheless it's a bit unusual that the same agency would still carry conventional traffic on the same exact frequency as the P25 traffic. One would assume that when a P25 unit would key up that it would override any analog traffic on the same frequency. You're certain you're not hearing a different agency on analog?

A good test for this would be to tune to your local NOAA weather frequency. Does it too cut in and out?
I use to listen to them with the Baofeng UV-5R then they spent about 300k on this new system, as you can see with the link i provided it shows they use both conventional and P25e on 1 frequency " For the analog side, did you program in the PL tone of 77.0? " Do not know what you mean i am sorry very new to this like a 1 week baby with a bad toy .LOL

ScottSlezak

this is my Freescan read. If anyone can look at it and change what needs to be i will put it on my scanner, just need help

Attachments

• BCD325P2 1-5-2023.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 7

wtp

now to avoid any programming errors.
hit the hold button, type in 151.07, hot hold again.
that is also the quickest way to listen to any frequency.

ScottSlezak

now to avoid any programming errors.
hit the hold button, type in 151.07, hot hold again.
that is also the quickest way to listen to any frequency.
I see what you are saying i will try that next time i am over there, i live about 10 miles from them over a mountain so it never picks up good were i am at right now.

Reactions: wtp

fredva

Feed Provider
" For the analog side, did you program in the PL tone of 77.0? " Do not know what you mean

The PL tone is listed in the page you linked. In short, the PL tone acts as a filter. If you enter the 77.0 tone in your programming, that should ensure that whatever analog communications you hear on 151.07 are coming from your local police department, and not some other agency using the same frequency somewhere in Kentucky, another part of Tennessee, etc. A distant agency with a weak signal at your location is one POSSIBLE explanation for the transmissions cutting in and out.

scannerjunkie

I believe i got it for you. i edited the conv system only. i added the nac code in the programming that was missing and added the alpha tagging for you. that was all i did. go ahead and load this into your 325 and see how it goes. as Whiskey3JMC mentioned in his post there is part time encryption being used here so keep that in mind as well.

Attachments

• BCD325P2 1-5-2023 (2).zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 3

tvengr

Well Known Member
I eliminated the trunked system from the file. The 2 frequencies are both conventional. The first is digital with a NAC. The second is analog with a PL tone. scannerjunkie beat me to it.

Attachments

• Middlesboro PD FS.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 12