Bcd346 h

Status
Not open for further replies.

colbyct

The scanner stopped scanning the pd and FD. When I look into the system the frequencies are there. But it's not loading them when I turn the scanner on. Any ideas?

captclint

Mentor
Had to reset the scanner and now all the Waterbury frequencies are gone
Reset is only done when all else fails, and of course it will wipe out any frequencies you loaded. You probably temporarily locked out or deactivated a quick key for the system with the Waterbury frequencies, and the fix would have been simple. Would have been better if you had waited a few hours for someone to answer your post.

I suggest you get FreeScan and use it to reprogram. That way, you will always have a back-up of your frequencies in case you ever reset the scanner again.

colbyct

The freescan program does not support the 436 & 536 ( I checked). With these 2 scanners you enter your zip vide and it downloads all the agencies in your area ( it comes from the radioreference database). The Waterbury system is in the rr database but for some reason it's not loafing into the scanner .

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Have you verified your location is set correctly? If you aren't where the scanner thinks you are, you'll have issues like that. Try setting location manually with your actual GPS coordinates instead of just punching in ZIP code.

colbyct

Yes. I downloaded the firmware program that the scanner uses and tried to transfer the info from the program to the scanner but it still doesn't work. I must be missing something

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Could be a little more specific? What software did you download, what did you do with it, what error messages (if any) did you get, etc?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Another possibility is that you have an Avoid set on Waterbury. The freqs will be in the scanner, but won't be scanned until you remove the Avoid.

colbyct

Back again. My 436 isn't picking up the control channels only the voice so nothing is bring broadcast. It's scanning and all I'm seeing is lnk not DAT ( which is for the control channels. And without the control channel the transmissions won't broadcast

colbyct

My BCD 436 is not reading the control channels for some reason so consequently I'm not receiving the Waterbury ct system. Any ideas?

phask

Premium Subscriber
Are you using a favorite list ? Do you have the correct sites in it?

Does it "work" with the entire DB?

colbyct

All set. The old system had 9 frequencies this one has 6,. Apparently they changed control channels because as soon as I entered the other 3 the system was up and running. The 3 that need to be added ( if you have a 436) are:

Status
Not open for further replies.