BCD396 Change programmed frequency search to scan

Buddy2009

I have all my channels programmed and some say search and others say scan..... when scanning.

My question is : How can I stop the frequency that says search and change it to scan? This would then just scan the programmed frequencies which I would like to do.

I have tried to just press the SCAN button when search comes up and it does CHANGE the frequency however some frequency are just to fast to do so.

Is there another way for this old guy to to this.

Thank you!

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

Buddy2009

Welcome to the RR forums. I'm assuming you mean ID Scan?
To toggle between ID Scan or ID Search Mode while scanning each trunked system, press Func then Scan/Srch.

Thank you so much for the quick reply! This works but the frequencies do scan quickly. Is there a way to just group the frequencies to be in scan mode? And lastly we in Ontario have gone to encrypted frequencies for police. Is there a scanner out there that can still get those frequencies! Ah the good old days wish they were back... (grin)

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
How can I stop the frequency that says search and change it to scan? This would then just scan the programmed frequencies which I would like to do.

If your talking about conventional freqs, it may be the ones that say search are set to pl/dcs search and dont have stored tones. Can you be more specific?

Buddy2009

Yes please see 2 pictures depicting one says scan the other search. Apologies for the quality of the pic but the scanning is pretty quick. Thank you again for your time to help me.

Attachments

• IMG_1927.jpg
    IMG_1927.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1927a.jpeg
    IMG_1927a.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 10

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
On a trunked system, the one that says id scan, is scanning tg's you have programmed in. The one that says id search, is searching for any new or unknown tg's not programmed in your scanner. The method @Whiskey3JMC posted would be what you want.

Buddy2009

On a trunked system, the one that says id scan, is scanning tg's you have programmed in. The one that says id search, is searching for any new or unknown tg's not programmed in your scanner. The method @Whiskey3JMC posted would be what you want.
Again thank you all so much for your help! I appreciate it very much!