bcd396T AC power

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiltzy

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering if the 396T will run on a 1000mA 6volt ac adapter without the batteries in it. I don't have the uniden 800mA but a larger one and it wont seem to run strictly on ac power? i also purchased a 800mA 6volt and i got the illegal voltage message. been running off batteries for a while now. any info appreciated

scanchs

Just wondering if the 396T will run on a 1000mA 6volt ac adapter without the batteries in it. I don't have the uniden 800mA but a larger one and it wont seem to run strictly on ac power? i also purchased a 800mA 6volt and i got the illegal voltage message. been running off batteries for a while now. any info appreciated

hiltzy,

My 396T runs OK on the original Uniden adapter without any batteries installed in the scanner. The Uniden adapter output is 6 Volt DC (not AC) @ 800 mA (rectification takes place in the adapter, not the scanner). Your post says you have a 1000 mA 6 Volt AC adapter. If that's not a typo, then that adapter will not work. If the 800 mA 6 volt adapter you have also has an AC output, then it will not work either. I hope this helps... :)

ScanCHS

Status
Not open for further replies.