Not open for further replies.

mikeh

ok some lost scanner people

what is verson number i sould download
from the uniden web site is it verson 1,41
i have verson 1.31 now

help

800crazy1

OK NOW my scanner after downloading the vup2.0.0.3 ... reads in the menu/firmware version ... 1.04.12 ... am i now all set is this the correct firmware version i should have and have to do nothing more ? thanks...

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Mike:
Neither of those numbers correspond to any firmware update ever issued for either of these scanners.

800: Now your scanner will show the ESN and Checksum. You can complete registration and get a key and the V2 update.

epersson

Feed Provider
800Crazy1, you have to get the ESN info now put it back in the web site and down load v2.00

Larryfire26

Premium Subscriber
DEAD 500 dollar RADIO

ok followed all your directions to a TEE
registered and did everything! After the firmware update I now have a 500 dollar radio thats worthless!!

It keeps saying registration key required resend update with key

Just how does one do this, or is the radio DOA!!

I am in the radio field for the last 40 years and to be honest! Its getting worse than programming a motorola radio

Larry

800crazy1

paul i understand that , but when i enter the checksum number according to the radio , it reads on the scanner screen 10B M-Ver=1 stupid question , but i thought the checksum was numbers not including a letter ...(10B) I KEEP getting that error message...

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
I hope all this downloading / updating / registering my name/address ESN's serial number etc etc etc is worth it and not just a gimic by Uniden. If it doesnt make my digital trunking better I will be upset.

I have **MULTIPLE** radios that have not been updated since the early 996 update fiasco that made my radio worse. So I stopped ANY and ALL updates since then

I will let you know how it goes.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Larry: You get out of this by reapplying the update with the key generated for that scanner.

If you are having key issues, send me an email (not a PM) with your ESN/Checksum and the key our system assigned along with your login name on our system.

800: "10B" is the checksum. Did you ensure that the ESN is correct (you entered 9, not 8 digits, correct?)

800crazy1

in the process of checking that now ...i have a feeling i only entered the 8 i read your post about adding an extra zero...ill recheck . thanks again.

wvscanner

Database Admin
Bug in new update?

Ok, now I done the new update still have a little burp on the moto 2 setup, I notice when watching my error rate number wich are running low but the 3 sets of number at the bottom is no longer making any changes, also when I adjust the P25 setting in manual or auto 0 - 20 that number changes but nothing else is indicating that change as it did before. So if I do change the settings from something else besides 8 is it adjusting to the new setting even though the bottom 3 set's of number is not changing?

Jeff

800crazy1

I have the 9 esn in the box including the extra 0 ...and 10B in the checksum box , hit update and i get checksum error please enter a correct checksum ?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
wvscanner: From the release notes:

Improved auto-threshold adjustment. The settings remain in the menus to maintain compatibility with UASD, but the setting itself is just a placeholder now.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Larryfire26 said:
ok followed all your directions to a TEE
registered and did everything! After the firmware update I now have a 500 dollar radio thats worthless!!

It keeps saying registration key required resend update with key

I doubt you bricked your radio - I couldn't even apply the V2 firmware without the key, and my scanner still worked under the V1 firmware. I don't know whether you're referring to the 996 or the 396, but your firmware should be either v1.20.13 (if a 396) or v1.04.12 (if 996). Until you have that version of firmware loaded, you cannot load the v2 firmware.

Here's how you get your registration key:

Once you load the v1 firmware listed above, get the ESN and ESN checksum from your scanner. If you didn't copy it down when the v1 firmware finished loading, get it via hitting Menu>Settings>See Scanner Info>Firmware Version.

Go back to My Uniden and enter the ESN and the ESN checksum into your scanner's info on the page.

Your scanner on the My Uniden page will now show "Download v2.xx firmware" as well as a link titled "Get Registration Key". You evidently already have the v2 firmware, so click on Get Registration Key, and copy down the resulting number.

Paste that number into the firmware updater in the registration key field, dashes and all.

It really isn't too difficult, and it doesn't require screaming and yelling on the Internet and being all indignant about it, either.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
800 try it again. IS was tweaking something that broke the registration page for about 5 minutes. If it doesn't work, email me with the same info I asked from Larry.

800crazy1

ok i got the registration key and will now update the firmware ,....damn ...thanks paul for your help ....oh ....DONT GO TO FAR....

kennyblues

Thanks to UPMAN and Uniden. I have successfully updated both the 396 and the 996. The only problem I had while updating was trying to enter the complete S/N in the box when the first few numbers where already there, after I had that figured out the rest of the updates went off without a hitch. Thanks again for all you do for this "HOBBY" .

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Kenny: Won't help you, but we're fixing the registration update screen to include a note to enter the last 9 digits of the ESN (that note is currently on the registration page...but not on the registration update page). We're also changing the title of the link to the updates to say "Get V1 Update and ESN Checksum".

Last edited:

topnik

Absolutely no problems with the update process...excellent instructions, almost the same as any other update...checking the results and so far no issues with the scanner (396t)...we'll see how it goes over the next few hours...

Thanks UPMan and Uniden...

Here's lots of luck to everybody else...

800crazy1

OK not the most fun thursday afternoon iv spent , but now have the firmware version 2.00.6 loaded into my 996 ..... thank you UPMAN and have a good trip to asia ...god bless you.

Status
Not open for further replies.