BCD396T and BCD996T Updates are Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The registration key link was migrated over about 18 minutes ago. If you tried before then, you would have received an error. Now it should work. If you get an error, please report the specific error you receive. K8TEK set a great example.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
DamnDirtyApe said:
ok but all I get is that red error screen unfortunately when trying to register.

At what point during registration do you get that error screen? What was the last thing you clicked on?

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
800crazy1 said:
ok iv got the loader downloaded .... 1.20.13 now what do i do ?
Install it, return to uniden.com, get your registration key, download the new bootloader and firmware and install that. You need to upgrade your scanner to 1.20.13 before you can upgrade to 2.00.07

UPMan said:
At what point during registration do you get that error screen? What was the last thing you clicked on?

when I have the form all filled out with esn, ser #, etc and hit register. then I get that screen that he posted.

"
cbHdr_error.gif
transpix.gif

There has been an error in processing this page.
If this happened during online store order processing, please contact order@uniden.com
Otherwise, the error has been logged and will be fixed as soon as possible.

"

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Actually, first thing, read the release notes that are linked to on the same page you got the update from. All instructions, troubleshooting, etc are in that document.

Question for all: Should I just have both the update and the update notes "zipped" up together so that they both get d/l?

UPMan said:
Actually, first thing, read the release notes that are linked to on the same page you got the update from. All instructions, troubleshooting, etc are in that document.

Question for all: Should I just have both the update and the update notes "zipped" up together so that they both get d/l?

but I believe this is a website error, not something I'm doing wrong... correct me if I
am mistaken though.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Sorry, I was replying to 800crazy1.

Email me with your login info (not PM) and we can converse offline. You seem to be having a one-off problem that the group isn't going to benefit from.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
No matter which scanner you have, your first stop for getting the latest updates into your scanner is My Uniden. Start by registering your scanner, then follow the links to get the updates you need.

From the first post in the thread. Links to updates appear when you register a scanner.

800crazy1

ok i click on the icon for the 1.20.13 and it basically keeps coming up modify , repair , remove , so i just keep on clicking modify so i dont lose it. how do i apply this to the scanner, and then once i return to the uniden site , where do i find the registration key . sorry im not to intelligent when it comes to these things ..if maybe some one could walk me though step by step . thanks...ed

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
800crazy1: I'm not sure where in the process you are, so I'll outline the steps:

1) D/L BCD396T_ESN_Loader_V1_20_13.zip
2) Unzip the above to a location on your PC.
3) Double-click on the BCD396T_ESN_Loader_V1_20_13.exe file you unzipped in (2). This installs the loader onto your PC.
4) Once the loader is installed, double click on the BCD396T_ESN_Loader_V1_20_13 icon that is on your desktop. A full-screen window should open at that point, and you should then follow all on-screen prompts.

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
"Ultimate" versions after you apply both updates to a scanner are:

BCD396T: 2.00.07
BCD996T: 2.00.06

800crazy1

ok forget it , i found out what i was doing wrong ....kept clicking on the install icon , just noticed the red bearcat claw and its the loader itself ....DOGH !! thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.