BCD396T and BCD996T Updates are Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sjinndoawi

What Happened

Ok, I have no more ESN # or ESN Checksum anymore on my uniden and I registered a long time ago both of my 996t's. I see this (Get V1 Firmware)...Will this overwrite my old values such as 1.13.01? God I can;t wait till I get off work !!!!...I just want to say thanks Paul for all the help and your techs have been a big help also...

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Since we changed the ESN format slightly for the 996, I had the data field wiped before initiating this update. ESN checksums do not exist before the update.

All firmware updates always overwrite the older version.

scanbc780

Usually Lurking
"Added ESN, QSC, CSC, and PWR to the PC protocol."
Paul,
I am assuming PWR is a protocol to turn the 996 on and off remotely? If I am correct is there going to be a firmware update to the RH96 to support this feature? If not, what is the PWR protocol?

Brian

Viper43

UPMan said:
Actually, first thing, read the release notes that are linked to on the same page you got the update from. All instructions, troubleshooting, etc are in that document.

Question for all: Should I just have both the update and the update notes "zipped" up together so that they both get d/l?

YES! They should wind up in the same folder, or you have to go searching for the actual update.

Check sum keeps failing. Do I enter everything after the = on the bottom line or just everything up until the , or the whole line including the SUM?

Have tried it every way and it keeps telling me the check sum failed and to re enter a valid check sum?

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
is the checksup only 3 characters? i have only 3 characters and i do have my esn but it will not accept it has valid...i did the update tool and it worked perfect

800crazy1

ok , iv now got version 1.20.13 in the 396 ..... longest 10mins of my life ...thanks to everyone for your help . paul , disregard my emails i guess ...its in ... now i have to drag the 996 out of the car ... here comes another adventure...

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
organized_mayhem said:
Check sum keeps failing. Do I enter everything after the = on the bottom line or just everything up until the , or the whole line including the SUM?

Have tried it every way and it keeps telling me the check sum failed and to re enter a valid check sum?
DO NOT enter the 32826, enter everything after that for the ESN.

K8TEK

Banned
No problem, that was causing me some issues too!

Viper43

Sjinndoawi said:
Thanks Viper....Now if uniden could only speed up the time so I could GETTTTTTTTTT OFFFFFFFF WORKRKKKKKKK...it's only 2:30

LOL, they could however speed up the website..... it's slow on a normal day, but god is it ever sloooooooow today! I think thats part of the issue with folks getting all the errors.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Added ESN, QSC, CSC, and PWR to the PC protocol

I'm getting on a plane for Asia first thing Saturday, so probably won't be able to get the updated protocol document out until I return (after the 21st). Below is a quick description of each.

ESN: Report out the scanner's ESN and Checksum
QSC: Set current frequency and get reception status

Controller → Radio ① QSC,[FRQ],[STP],[MOD],[ATT],[DLY],[SKP],[CODE_SRCH],[BSC],[REP][\r]
Radio → Controller 1. QSC,[RSSI],[FRQ],[SQL][\r] or QSC,NG[\r]​

CSC: Go to custom search and get reception status

Controller → Radio
① CSC,ON[\r]
② CSC,OFF[\r]
Radio → Controller
① CSC,[RSSI],[FRQ],[SQL][\r]
CSC,[RSSI],[FRQ],[SQL][\r]
CSC,[RSSI],[FRQ],[SQL][\r]
CSC,[RSSI],[FRQ],[SQL][\r]​

PWR: Get RSSI level (0-1023)

Controller → Radio
① PWR[\r]
Radio → Controller
① PWR,[RSSI],[FRQ][\r]​
As to using the remote head to turn on the scanner...no. When the scanner is off, there is no way for it to receive any serial command.

Viper43

Upman, actually the Updater, Update and install instructions should all be together, it may make things quicker in the long run, and the Updater and Update shoul be in the same folder anyway.

K8TEK

Banned
PWR is for the Radio Signal Strength Indicator.

Status
Not open for further replies.