BCD396T/BC996T: BCD396T and Fire Tone Out

TD

Premium Subscriber
Hello
Wondering if anybody know anything about fire tone out for the BC396T and how it works

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You might go over to You Tube and search for scanner fire tone out. I just checked and there are several videos there. While not for this model scanner, all of Uniden scanners work the same way.

It's an interesting feature and I have used it on rare occasion, but nothing regularly.

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
This feature is not very easy to use. The 396T does not have a tone search function. I got a program which identified tones with some degree of accuracy but not exactly. I don't have it any more nor do I remember what it was called. Because I was at one time a reserve fire fighter, I knew that our county used old GE alerting receivers and thus could get the exact tones from GE tables once I figured out the approximate frequencies. From that point the programming is easy. However, the 396T only stores 10 sets of tones. Not anywhere enough. You put the receiver on the dispatch frequency and then scan the tones. It works. You can select from a few alerts, and programs whether it pauses of continues ro scan. You cannot scan other frequencies while you using this feature. Needless to say while it does work, it is pretty useless.

I son't have another scanner. Hopefully newer models are more useful.