BCD396T can't connect to PC using Uniden software!

Status
Not open for further replies.

toshik

Hello,
I have a brand new Uniden BCD396T and downloaded the official Uniden UASD software verson 1.4.1.1. The installation went fine, and I used the serial number to register the program. I also made sure to set the same 115200 bps in both radio and program. After I push the "Connect to scanner" button, PC gives me an error message: " '1.11' is not a valid floating point value". I click OK, PC starts reading configuration and nothing happens for an hour! Meanwhile the scanner display says: "Remote mode keyapd lock".
I had the same exact problem on both WIN98 and XP machines.
Please help! Would the Butel program solve it?

toshik

Thanks - it works just fine, as well as the BuTel demo. I guess Uniden is making crapy software.

Last edited:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Did you select the correct comm port? Are you using a serial port or a USB to serial adapter?

toshik

DaveIN said:
Did you select the correct comm port? Are you using a serial port or a USB to serial adapter?
Yes I did. It's the original COM port cable. As I said above both AVC396 and BuTel programs work fine. So there is a problem in Uniden program...

Last edited:

joelbedard

The problem with Uniden software is that you must set your "Regional Settings" to "English US" to work properly.

Or "Regional and Languages Options" on Window XP...

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Not sure why you say that, I've used the UASD programs on both WinXP, 98, and NT without any problem with both a com port and a USB adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.