BCD396T Can't receive London police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtymer

What do you suppose I am doing wrong or incomplete? I completely erased all the channels, groups, etc. from my scanner and then used the "ARC 396" software to download into my empty scanner the London Public Service (London Police - EDACS wide?). When I turn my scanner on I can see "main" appear, "dispatch" appear, "London ??" appear but I get absolutely no voice, burbble, static or anything. (squelch on #1 or #3 or #5) So I completely deleted everything again and used "FreeSCAN" software to download into my empty scanner the London Public Service frequencies. Again, the scanner shows London something in the window but will not stop on any channel. It just keeps scanning or searching. Can someone kindly advise me as what I should try? Thanx in advance, Oldtymer.

cpuerror

Does the signal strength indicator light up? If it doesn't then it means you are not picking up the control channel. Also for EDACS make sure you are not in control channel only mode.

mciupa

Database Admin
BCD396T Can't receive London police.

No scanner will work for London Police Service due to encryption. :(

Last edited:

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
sorry you wont get them as mciupa said they are encrypted.
are the fire and ambulace still analog? try listening to them

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
You won't have a problem listening to London Fire or EMS. They aren't on the Police EDACS system however.

London Fire is on it's own 800MHz Motorola Hybrid trunking sytem. London (Thames) EMS is on the BMR VHF Fleetnet trunked system. Both systems can be found in the RR Database.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
As already mentioned, unfortunately London Police are unscannable (and have been for quite some time). They are using AEGIS digital with encryption (so a P25 scanner like the 396 wouldnt receive them even without encryption). They may have migrated to ProVoice at some point, but I don't think they have yet...

Jammin_Jay

The only time i heard london police when i was down there, was on OPC common, and also talking with the fire dept on a linked talkgroup. Fire also is simulcast on 154.725, but not all talkgroups will appear on that frequency. So it's best to monitor the trunked channels. And yes fire is still analog. For who knows how long is anybody's guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.