BCD396T "Closed Mode"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch40n1k

I've just purchased my first BCD396T. I'm trying to use ARC396 to program the scanner. What I'm finding is that when I send my first APCO25 system to the scanner, the scanner is tracking ALL TGID's on the entire system instead of just the ones I specified in the system. With the old Pro96, I could "Close" my banks to only scan for TG's included in the system ... how do I do this with the 396T?

captclint

Mentor
I've just purchased my first BCD396T. I'm trying to use ARC396 to program the scanner. What I'm finding is that when I send my first APCO25 system to the scanner, the scanner is tracking ALL TGID's on the entire system instead of just the ones I specified in the system. With the old Pro96, I could "Close" my banks to only scan for TG's included in the system ... how do I do this with the 396T?
You probably have it set to search Trunk ID's. Set it to scan Trunk ID's and it will only receive the ones you have programmed.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
You can do that in the software, but you can also switch from the 'open' / 'closed' from the keypad. While you are scanning that system, hit the scan button until you see the word 'scan' scroll across the page and not the word 'search'.

DickH

The PRO-96 is not a Uniden scanner, thus SEARCH and SCAN in the 396T are the same as OPEN and CLOSED in the PRO-96.

Status
Not open for further replies.