BCD396T Digital Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure if this has already been asked before, I apologize in advance if it has. Is there any way of programming frequencies in the 396 to monitor in the P25 mode only? Right now if I want to monitor P25, I must program it in CSQ mode. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

wolter

Nope, there is no way to monitor only P25. And this causes a problem when a freq you wish to monitor has interference.

cristisphoto

Bcd396t

ACTAUlLLY,THe P25 is Automatically decoded.
And if there is data being transferred there WILL be noise NOT to cofused with interference...

Pl and DC ones are used for FM conveninal to eliminate interference etc....
ANd you will know if data is being tranferred cause the Scanner will read LNK where P25 should be

Crista

wolter

cristisphoto said:
ACTAUlLLY,THe P25 is Automatically decoded.
And if there is data being transferred there WILL be noise NOT to cofused with interference...

Crista
My point was that if you're receiving static or any electrical interference (such as a birdie), the 396 has no way of blocking that out -- much as you can with subtones on conventional freqs. The 396 has no way of filtering all but P25, so your scanner will hang on that interference during a scan and any strong nearby tx will bleed over. Its pretty annoying.

Last edited:

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
That was exactly my point. I have a few P25 conventional frequencies in my area that I'm interested in listening to, but one of them has interference from somewhere. That makes it almost impossible to monitor. That's when a Moto Astro comes in handy! Thanks for the replies.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.