BCD396T Firmware Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis825

Ok I'm trying to download the new firmware for my BCD396T scanner. But when I go to open it through Adobe Reader 9.3 it says "there was an error opening this file, could not be found." I used 7-Zip to unzip the two files and neither of them will open. If anyone knows how to help me fix this problem or point me in the right direction to correct what I'm doing wrong let me know. Any info will be helpful.

Thanks.

Here is where I'm downloading the firmware from:

BCD396TFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

Travis825

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Follow every step in the instructions in the link you provided in your post. Adobe Reader is not involved at any point.

Travis825

Thanks for the post. I just now figured it out. Had to do my own part that wasn't in the instructions. Dragged some files. But I think as long as it says the new version I updated it with in the scanner info then it should be completely updated right?

Travis825

zerofire

Thanks for the post. I just now figured it out. Had to do my own part that wasn't in the instructions. Dragged some files. But I think as long as it says the new version I updated it with in the scanner info then it should be completely updated right?

Travis825
Yes and No. You also need to make sure that the new version that you updated to is the newest version available. In short you need to make sure that you get v3.02.02 on your scanner. If it is not there then you need to go and update your unit until you do. Scanners on or before 1.13.17 need to load the 1.20.13 update first.

Status
Not open for further replies.