BCD396T & Fleetnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishtheone

Yes I'm a newb, Yes I've searched - - No I'm not new to forum boards.

Yes this if my first thread.

I was hesitant to register but a buddy of mine told me I'd really enjoy the community -- we'll see how it works out!

I have a major issue.

I've used my BCD Analog scanner for a while now -- no issues with that.

I live in Bolton -- trying to pick up Caledon OPP

I work in York Region -- When in york region using the OEM antenna, I can pick up all of King City, but at home in Bolton, though in coverage range, I can not RX -- I have a larger antenna but still my scanner is always searching for the Control Channel.

I've ruled out improper programming.

It has to do with coverage or something.

Maybe Brian can assist -- i see he actively listens to Caledon OPP and Peel Region.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
You should be able to get the King City tower from Bolton. I was there this past weekend and didn't have an issue with my 396 picking up the Caledon (1OPS40) talkgroup on both King City and Mississauga at all.

Reactions: EJB

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
You should be able to get the King City tower from Bolton. I was there this past weekend and didn't have an issue with my 396 picking up the Caledon (1OPS40) talkgroup on both King City and Mississauga at all.

They are on Hamilton's tower tonite as well.

What kind of antenna are you using?

slicerwizard

I've used my BCD Analog scanner for a while now -- no issues with that.
A BCD scanner is a digital scanner. That's what the 'D' stands for.

at home in Bolton, though in coverage range, I can not RX -- I have a larger antenna but still my scanner is always searching for the Control Channel.
Where in Bolton? There are some deep holes in Bolton.

What's "a larger antenna"? Is it a VHF antenna? If you want to monitor Fleetnet, use a VHF antenna. The 396 has a deaf front end and needs all the help it can get. You are, after all, some 17 km from the transmitter, and most of the terrain along that path is higher than any point in Bolton.

Status
Not open for further replies.