bcd396t gone adrift

Status
Not open for further replies.

CATCHMEIFUCAN

Premium Subscriber
well all i can say as my handy little portable has went adrift on me last night while charging.it was working fine last night when i shut it off (somthing i very rarley ever do) and plugged it in for charging. when i turned it on today it was just like everything was erased an all i was getting was a custom 9 search so i tryed doing the reset and im getting ( load test data) then it goes on to scan system 1 which is empty and none of the keypad buttons are workin except the power an light anyone have any ideas im going to try to reprograming in the mourning an see what happins.

randyf

still trying to figure this all out
my radio has gone wacky also by changing out the batterys a few days ago , would not turn on for a whole day when it came back it was minus the p25 decoding , and the charging circut is blowen , shows illegal voltage uniden has no service depot up here its done through lectron radio sales his back log is three weeks for repair , good luck with yours ,

CATCHMEIFUCAN

Premium Subscriber
well all i can say as my handy little portable has went adrift on me last night while charging.it was working fine last night when i shut it off (somthing i very rarley ever do) and plugged it in for charging. when i turned it on today it was just like everything was erased an all i was getting was a custom 9 search so i tryed doing the reset and im getting ( load test data) then it goes on to scan system 1 which is empty and none of the keypad buttons are workin except the power an light anyone have any ideas im going to try to reprograming in the mourning an see what happins.

tryed reprograming and it took the talkgroups an cc,s fine but will not scan through them will lock on any cc,s shut it off turn it on an its coming up ...direct entry 5... keypad is not working at all,will not work with 396 avc either. menu button works fine service search still working also .

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
i had the same problem with a pro 96 once i plugged it in to charge and the next morning the whole keypad was dead with the exception of one or two keys. turned out the battery cells overheated and mite have even had one battery that was leaking from the overload(this was a long time ago so im not completly sure but think one of the battery cells kinda exploded leaking battery acid as well as heating up hot enough to fry the keypad. if you do get it to work again i would invest in a external charger for your batterys. if not call uniden and find out the repair prices and where to send they usually have a turn around of about a week or two depending on how busy the repair staff is. long story short i bet you fried the keypad since it is just on the other side of the battery compartment. let us know how it works out.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.