BCD396T in Jacksonville, FL

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
Anyone using a BCD396T here in Jacksonville?

I would like to know what your take is on it's receive capabilities for this area.

I live in the westside just east of Cecil Field, using a Pro-97 and Pro-2055.
I'm seriously considering getting a digital scanner to monitor Jax Motorola.

I wouldn't mind opinions on the Pro-96's reception but I know it's probably good.
Mostly interested in the 396T.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
The 396 can pick up I-call and stuff. I send a post on the group. I hope you enjoy it up there... I like it I do have a file for Jax F/R file for 396 if you like that I can send that to you.

Archie

Isn't Jacksonville, Florida PD using an encrypted system?

Find out before buying a digitla scanner, unless you also want it for clear digital systems elsewhere.

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
Archie said:
Isn't Jacksonville, Florida PD using an encrypted system?

Find out before buying a digitla scanner, unless you also want it for clear digital systems elsewhere.
Yeah, PD is encrypted but Fire/Rescue talkgroups aren't (as bravo mentioned) and there's quite a bit of other digital TG's that can be monitor, utilities, transportation, etc.

bravo14 said:
The 396 can pick up I-call and stuff. I send a post on the group. I hope you enjoy it up there... I like it I do have a file for Jax F/R file for 396 if you like that I can send that to you.
Yeah you can send that to me, sc4_pro@hotmail.com, thanks.

I assume you've been successful in hearing I-calls? That's definitely a new feature for me.

I downloaded the UASD just to check it out...do you need to have a scanner connected in order to enter systems and frequencies? I've only spent a few minutes with it since I'm at work so that's probably an ignorant question...

Status
Not open for further replies.