• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

BCD396T in Jacksonville, FL

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB4REA

Anyone using a BCD396T here in Jacksonville?

I would like to know what your take is on it's receive capabilities for this area.

I live in the westside just east of Cecil Field, using a Pro-97 and Pro-2055.
I'm seriously considering getting a digital scanner to monitor Jax Motorola.

I wouldn't mind opinions on the Pro-96's reception but I know it's probably good.
Mostly interested in the 396T.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
The 396 can pick up I-call and stuff. I send a post on the group. I hope you enjoy it up there... I like it I do have a file for Jax F/R file for 396 if you like that I can send that to you.

Archie

Premium Subscriber

Isn't Jacksonville, Florida PD using an encrypted system?

Find out before buying a digitla scanner, unless you also want it for clear digital systems elsewhere.

KB4REA

Archie said:
Isn't Jacksonville, Florida PD using an encrypted system?

Find out before buying a digitla scanner, unless you also want it for clear digital systems elsewhere.
Yeah, PD is encrypted but Fire/Rescue talkgroups aren't (as bravo mentioned) and there's quite a bit of other digital TG's that can be monitor, utilities, transportation, etc.

bravo14 said:
The 396 can pick up I-call and stuff. I send a post on the group. I hope you enjoy it up there... I like it I do have a file for Jax F/R file for 396 if you like that I can send that to you.
Yeah you can send that to me, sc4_pro@hotmail.com, thanks.

I assume you've been successful in hearing I-calls? That's definitely a new feature for me.

I downloaded the UASD just to check it out...do you need to have a scanner connected in order to enter systems and frequencies? I've only spent a few minutes with it since I'm at work so that's probably an ignorant question...

Status
Not open for further replies.