Bcd396t.....mpscs

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk51

With the 396T scanning the MPSCS, can I lock out specific talkgroup ID's?

I see how to lock out frequencies, but with this system locking out a frequency does not stop a specific department from being scanned.

What I am trying to do is lock out the local transport authority, I know their Talkgroup ID and want to lock it out. The manual doesnt say anything on it, I was wondering if one of you veteran scanner guys know a short cut.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Yep you sure can. Easiest way usually is just to hit the LO button when the talkgroup is active.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Pressing the L/O button certainly does work, but it's temporary. If you turn the scanner Off, then back On, all the temporary L/O's un-lock.

If you program all the TG's you want to monitor, then scan in ID SCAN mode, you will only here the TG's you programmed. If you scan in ID SEARCH mode, you will hear all active TG's on the system.

You can toggle between ID SCAN and ID SEARCH modes by pressing FUNC then SCAN.

hawk51

MPSCS,

That makes sence, but when I us IDSCAN my scanner doesn't pick up anything, it is dead silence. If I have it on IDSEARCH I hear everything.

Is that a whole other problem?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
MPSCS,

That makes sence, but when I us IDSCAN my scanner doesn't pick up anything, it is dead silence. If I have it on IDSEARCH I hear everything.

I sounds like you didn't program any Talk Grounps?

a29zuk

MPSCS,

IDSCAN only scans the ID's you program into a system on your scanner. IDSEARCH will receive all of the ID's that are broadcast off of the tower that your scanner is locked on. If you did program a system and a group, did you assign them a quick key and turn them on? If not, then you will not hear them in IDSCAN. If you set up a system and a group with ID's you only want to hear you can use IDSCAN and will not have to use the lockout feature.

Also the 396T does not have temporary lockout like the 396XT does. So if you lock an ID or frequency out it will stay locked out. To unlock ID's and freq's go to that system in the menu portion of the scanner. Select "Edit Sys Option" and scroll down to "Rvw ID:Srch L/O" or "Clr All L/O IDs" . Or you can use some sort of scanner software to program your scanner and edit these options.

Last edited:

hawk51

I havent programmed any talkgroups, only frequencies on local towers...sounds like I have some reading to do, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.