BCD396t NEED HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmootz

Hi folks! I hope someone can help me. I have just used ARC396 Pro to program my 396t, everything works great downloading directly from radioreference, however, the Johnson County Motorolla system will not lock on, sometimes it does and sometimes I turn on the scanner and it shows it is scanning but just shows NFM instead the command channel that it locks on. Any ideas? Other system work great Kansas City KS, KC Missouri, Olathe, Overland Park, KS etc. It just seems to do this on the Johnson County System.

scanrfan

BCD396T Help

I have found with my 396 that either one of two things causes the radio to not lock onto a Trunked system. First - how far is it to the nearest tower site from your location - if you are too far away and on a rubber duck antenna - then the signal may not be strong enough.
Second - check the setting for the PRIORITY function. It should either be ON or OFF (if on there will be a P on the display. If it is off there is no P on the display). If there is a FLASHING P the PRIORITY function is in the PLUS mode and WILL NOT SCAN a Trunked system.
One other possible solution is to be sure that you have ALL the CONTROL FREQUENCIES loaded into the scanner.

dmootz

BCD396T Help!

This is really weird, I woke up this morning turned it on and it locked on instantly and is working normally. This has happened like that a couple of times now. It is only happening with the Johnson County Kansas Motorola Trunking system. Any Ideas? Anyone else from the Roeland Park, KS area having the same problem?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Sounds like they rotate their control frequencies and you don't have them all entered into the scanner (or typo'd one when you entered it).

LEH

Premium Subscriber
I'll second UPman on the control channels. The DB shows THREE PRIMARY (not all that common) control channels and no alternates. If you have those three in correctly, I'd enter the rest of them one at a time until you find the working CC.

If there is a CC that isn't in the DB, do everyone a favor and submit the info. Just click on the 'submit' button at the top of the system page and enter the update.

dmootz

It was working great this morning, then around 10 am it lost it's lock and just showed NFM.

I think your are right about rotating the channels, I have only three channels programmed into the scanner, I will put the rest in and see if that helps.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Also just a note, lately here in the Chicago area i have noticed a 800mgz band opening in the early morning where i hear a Moto Type11 trunk system from about 6am til about 10am til the band closes somewhat....This system is about 30 miles from me....It also happens on the 700/800 Starcom digital system hearing distant towers then nothing later...Just my opinion.....

dmootz

Found out what was wrong

The frequency (860.9625) they said was no longer used or was taken out, actually is still being used. Johnson County Kansas.

Thanks for all the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.