bcd396t no apco25

Status
Not open for further replies.

randyf

still trying to figure this all out
my bcd396t quit this afternoon for no reason i tried several times to get it to power up , i removed the batteries let it sit for several hours i was able to get it to power up but now its lost p25 capabilities any ideas

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
does conventional work - but with limited or no pl decode function ?

a friend of mine had a similar problem ..he took it apart and a small ribbon cable had worked loose

it seemed to either control or carry the decoder signal for trunking etc and p25

you can always send it in .... uniden service isnt fast by any means but it is priced decently and they do great work

i let a friend borrow a 396t and he transmitted on a vhf radio with the scanner antenna nearby and blew out the gaasfet on the scanner
it cost HIM 49 bucks

which isnt too bad considering they tack on a new warranty because of the service
i forget how long it was was a few years ago

randyf

no decoding at all even in search mode its acting like an trunk tracker three belleville city police is conventional with p25 it will not decode that at all

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
No, that's only for trunked systems I think.

n4yek

Check and make sure the 'pl tone' has not been turned on in the P25 systems you created or set to 'pl tone search'. If you had that much trouble getting it to come back on after a power down, I would check that just to make sure.

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Sorry - you said conventional above so I got confused.

So it's trunktracking your system fine, but all the audio is coming across as digital screech instead of audio?

K

kb0nly

How about doing a full factory reset and then reprogramming? Couldn't hurt in this case i think. And if you have a backup of whats in the scanner its just a matter of running the program you use and dumping it back in after reset.

pjbracing

Premium Subscriber
my bcd396t quit this afternoon for no reason i tried several times to get it to power up , i removed the batteries let it sit for several hours i was able to get it to power up but now its lost p25 capabilities any ideas

Check to be sure that the Battery Saver function is turned off. I believe that can somehow affect the digital decoding on the 396T. It happened to me once.

Good Luck

epersson

Feed Provider
I've lost track of what is or isn't working but will throw in my 2 cents.. I have a 396t and about a year ago it stopped decoding P25. everything else worked fine, stopped on a p25 discrete channel but no audio. Most trunking worked fine from what I remember. I reset it, reprogrammed it, shook it, etc finally gave up and sent it to Uniden and they replaced a resistor and it came back working. still is.

randyf

did the factory reset no change , its trunking ok but not decoding p25 at all , may have to send it in thanks everyone for the tips so far

randyf

had a another go at it tonight , took rear case off used a flashlight no ribbon cable to be seen any place at all , did another factory reset reprogrammed it no change, our local uniden repair depot said they have a three week back log for repairs , i cant stand it its making me crazy !!!!

randyf

ok the mystery deepens tried to update firmware no matter what i did error messages came up, please check ac power cord , check serial cable is connected tried everything several times checked com port all is good will not take firmware update i thought maybe it would help just a shot in the dark !!! , the other day it started showing illegal voltage , plugged it in for the night shut it off , turned it back on this a.m the p25 came back to life , no illegal voltage showed up at all today , now i did a search from 25.000 to 1300.000 did not stop on one thing so that may be still messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.