BCD396T "Nothing to Scan" followup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vol4Ever

I read loumaag's sticky post, but my issue seems to be a little different. I uploaded an updated system to the scanner last night. Here is a detailed synopsis of my issue:

SYSTEM INFO
Collierville (SQK 1)
- SQK's 2 thru 8 currently used for other systems & all are working fine
- The Collierville system worked perfectly fine before the update; All I did in the update was to split some things into different groups; All frequencies remained the same

GROUP INFO (for SQK 1)
Fire (GQK 1)
- Dispatch
Fire2 (GQK 2)
- Firegrounds ** Dispatch & fireground split into 2 groups on purpose
EMS (GQK 3)
- Rural Metro
- Hospital Wing
Police (GQK 4)
- Communications
Public Works (GQK 5)
- Communications

For some reason, Fire (GQK 1) is all that is being scanned, even though 1,2,3,4,5 all show up. None are locked out, and none are disabled. FN2, for example, toggles between "*" & "2" appropriately, but the group is NOT being scanned when it shows as active, and I have verified that there are NO frequencies locked out at all. GQK's 3,4,5 behave the same way.

When I do FN1 to disable GQK1, however, the bottom line goes blank & I get the "Nothing to Scan" screen. This happens regardless of the current status of the other 4 groups. For some reason, the scanner doesn't seem to know that these other 4 groups exist.

Here's the next weird thing. I manually added a group as GQK7 using the scanner keys themselves to program. Now GQK1 & GQK7 get scanned, but 2 thru 5 are STILL ignored.

Any idea what setting I'm missing???

TIA,

Vol

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
So did you press FUNC and turn the scroll control to the system you want to listem to and unlocked it? Are the GQK's enabled? If you used the Uniden UASD or ARC396 software did you check to see if those systems were unlocked when you uploaded to the 396?

To unlock the system, F+Scroll to the system, then F+L/O to unlock.

Last edited:

Vol4Ever

Duh. I feel stupid. That was it. Last night, I used ARC396 for the very first time & sure enough I had locked some of the groups out in the software. Since most of the Collierville systems are LTR Passport, I turn them off using the GQK's. They are only turned on when there is something of interest. Luckily, fire dispatch is simulcast on a Conventional system. The LTR Passport data burst is annoying as heck. I wish there was some way to get around that.

Now I realize that a "*" on the screen and group lockout mean 2 different things!

Problem solved. Thanks for the response.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Many of us have done the same thing, it's an easy mistake to make. With more features, options, and dynamic memory comes more complexity. It not you fathers scanner anymore.

Makes for a large complex owners manual too. I like the feel of a paper manual that I can reference to, but the PDF version is much easier with a search function. ;-)

RISC777

And a sticky note system doesn't work too well when their adhesive starts going and they begin falling off the wall, the monitor, the edge of the shelf, . . . :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.