BCD396T on New SAFE-T P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

lviper

Premium Subscriber
I'm in SW Indiana and have the new P25 system programmed in my 396T. This new system seems to sound more muffled and slightly garbled. Also the volume is drastically different. What I believe may be a base station operator comes in loud and clear but many of the replies from what I believe may be mobiles are usually too low in volume to hear. I did not notice this on the old system.

Does anyone monitoring this system use a 396/996T? Would you be willing to share your AGC other settings? I'm pretty sure my problem is just a tweak that I'm missing somewhere.

I programmed it with freescan since it was a long time since I last programmed the scanners with ARC. Since the last programming I have changed computers and lost my ARC reg codes. So I installed freescan, downloaded from my 996T and updated the system, sites and tg's. Then uploaded to both scanners.

I set the analog gain to -3 and digital gain to +3 and the differences between analog and digital system volume is pretty good now but not great. I just wasn't sure what the rest of the AGC settings will help with the volume differences within the digital system.

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
I have a few talkgroups around my area that seem to have louder dispatch audio vs the field units. I had it with the old system and still have it on the new one, although it's not as bad now as it was before. I'm using the default (auto) settings for agc's. I'm not really having any problems with garbled transmissions. This is with a variety of Uniden scanners.

lviper

Premium Subscriber
The audio for me was better on the old system, but I had tweaked the AGC setting for the old system and forgot I had them for the 396T. When I programmed for the new system, I used Freescan for the first time and downloaded from my 996T which didn't have the tweaks. So when I uploaded the new stuff to the 396T I lost the tweaks. My mistake.

I played with the settings this weekend and have things pretty close. I've always had lower volume for digital stuff vs analog. If I turned the volume up so I could hear the digital, the analog channels and systems would blow me away. So I set the AGC gain to -3 for analog and +3 for digital. I also lowered the response time to -3 for digital and set the threshold to 6.

From home it seemed ok but I had to test while driving. Not much traffic on the scanner this morning while driving to work so I can't say for certain yet. Hopefully I will hear more on the way home.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
P25 wait 400ms
P25 adjust mode 3
P 25 adjust level 50

I havent changed a thing
If your in Evansville call we can compare

Jeff

The audio for me was better on the old system, but I had tweaked the AGC setting for the old system and forgot I had them for the 396T. When I programmed for the new system, I used Freescan for the first time and downloaded from my 996T which didn't have the tweaks. So when I uploaded the new stuff to the 396T I lost the tweaks. My mistake.

I played with the settings this weekend and have things pretty close. I've always had lower volume for digital stuff vs analog. If I turned the volume up so I could hear the digital, the analog channels and systems would blow me away. So I set the AGC gain to -3 for analog and +3 for digital. I also lowered the response time to -3 for digital and set the threshold to 6.

From home it seemed ok but I had to test while driving. Not much traffic on the scanner this morning while driving to work so I can't say for certain yet. Hopefully I will hear more on the way home.

Status
Not open for further replies.