BCD396T, priority plus update/change wish (mabey in the next update?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
hey there, i was just thinking on things relating to my `396T, and have had this in my head ever since i got my scanner, it relates to the priority feature, to wit, the priority plus feature. Right now when ya use the plus feature, the scanner scans only the priority channels, which it does nicely, but it also does the "priority check" meaning as well as scanning the priority channels it also checks `em every two seconds like it does in normal priority mode. My wish for the next update, change that setting (priority plus) to do ether of the following,

one, just have the "plus" feature scan the priority channels without doing the check every two seconds thing.

two, leave the "plus" feature as is, but add a feature/setting called "priority scan only" meaning scan only the channels set as "PRI" (as mentioned above).

Personally, i think this would make the priority feature a bit nicer and even though i like having the "plus" feature, it can get anoying to use that and have it intrupting every two seconds to do the priority check even though it`s already scanning only those channels marked as priority. Just my thoughts on what i think is a really great scanner. N9NRA

Mark01

one, just have the "plus" feature scan the priority channels without doing the check every two seconds thing
two, leave the "plus" feature as is, but add a feature/setting called "priority scan only" meaning scan only the channels set as "PRI" (as mentioned above).

Yes that would essentially turn the the Priority Plus feature into the same as the FAV feature on the GRE PSR 500 except that there is no trunking priority on the 396T.I also think this Priority Plus should be updated if possible,it's been a feature since the BC780XLT,it would be great if they could update this feature to be like the competitions FAV feature.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.