BCD396T Programming Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

St3dozer

My BCD396T will not load the Fairfax county Public Safety System from Radio Reference (Motorola 800mhz custom). I have tried using BC Tool+ and the loader just locks up. I have also tried using Proscan where I get the error message "No Resource Errors are generated from the scanner indicating a memory limitation issue. System No Resource Error - SystemName = Fairfax County P". I have yet to find a solution to this. Any help wpuld be greatly appreciated.

St3dozer

System Name: Fairfax County Public Safety
County: 2 counties
System Type: Motorola Type II SmartZone
System Voice: Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface

System Name:

Fairfax County Public Safety

County:

2 counties

System Type:

Motorola Type II SmartZone

System Voice:

Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface

St3dozer

Which Fairfax county?

System Name: Fairfax County Public Safety
County: 2 counties
System Type: Motorola Type II SmartZone
System Voice: Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface

W6KRU

My first guess would be that there are more than 200 TGs in that system which would exceed the limits of the 396T.

St3dozer

My first guess would be that there are more than 200 TGs in that system which would exceed the limits of the 396T.

Well under 200. I thought this might be a problem as well and deleted TGs until I had next to none left. still no good.

W6KRU

You are limited to 20 groups and it doesn't look like that should be an issue. It only has one site so that shouldn't be a problem either. Hmm. :confused:

St3dozer

You are limited to 20 groups and it doesn't look like that should be an issue. It only has one site so that shouldn't be a problem either. Hmm. :confused:

I dont know. I have tried only loading this system. I have tried using both BCTool+ and Proscan as the programing mediums. I have deleted TGs etc to make the sytem smaller, but no luck. I am able to load other systems with the exception of Lee County Fl Public safety, where I get the same results. It was so much easier when my scanner could only hold 10 simplex channels.......N8QAR

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
My BCD396T will not load the Fairfax county Public Safety System from Radio Reference (Motorola 800mhz custom). I have tried using BC Tool+ and the loader just locks up. I have also tried using Proscan where I get the error message "No Resource Errors are generated from the scanner indicating a memory limitation issue. System No Resource Error - SystemName = Fairfax County P". I have yet to find a solution to this. Any help wpuld be greatly appreciated.

In ProScan, click the Statistics button under the database tab. It will show exactly where the limitation is.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Have you completely cleared the 396 before programming? The pre programmed quick keys take up some memory space, and if you have attempted to ADD systems instead of REPLACE several times, you can easily take up memory you thought you had.

best regards..Mike

St3dozer

Have you completely cleared the 396 before programming? The pre programmed quick keys take up some memory space, and if you have attempted to ADD systems instead of REPLACE several times, you can easily take up memory you thought you had.

best regards..Mike

yes. Completely cleared. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.