BCD396T Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

vcascio

I live in Southeast Texas (Jefferson County) Re-Programmed Scanner using the software ARC396 from Butel Software with the assistance of Radio Reference. Went through steps from Uniden & from Butel, no scanner transmission what so ever. Does anyone Know the steps to go through or can anyone HELP. I'am dead in the water. I know of the Rebanding of this area.

Thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I live in Southeast Texas (Jefferson County) Re-Programmed Scanner using the software ARC396 from Butel Software with the assistance of Radio Reference. Went through steps from Uniden & from Butel, no scanner transmission what so ever. Does anyone Know the steps to go through or can anyone HELP. I'am dead in the water. I know of the Rebanding of this area.

Thanks
Did you change system type from "Motorola Type 2" to "Motorola Type 2 800 Mhz Custom," by hitting the "Reband" 'button' while editing the system? You'll also need to enter the custom band plan for the rebanded systems (I just tried the import, it does not seem to enter that automatically for me).

Also, I presume that you've also updated your 396 (the 'T' version, not XT, since you are using ARC396 instead of ARC-XT) to the rebanding supported firmware? You have to be at at least version 3.00.00 firmware. The most recent firmware is 3.02.02.

You can get the 3.02.02 firmware here. The 'custom bandplan' that needs to be entered is also on that page, at the very bottom. It's also on this page.

I'm not in your area, but if you'll post your file, then I'll take a look at it & see if there is something that catches my attention. Somebody much closer to your area would also be able to do the same. Due to file extention restrictions, you'll need to either 'zip' the system file before you can upload it, or save it with an approved file name on the end. For example, it may be, now, "Jefferson.mem". Use "File-Save as->" and use the name "Jefferson.mem.txt", then attach that file to your post.

vcascio

Bcd396t programming

The ARC396 Software seems to be working fine, I did put in the "Motorola Type 2 800 Mhz Custom" @ the General Tab, then go to the "Trunk System Parameters" Then hit "Edit Bandplan", then a box comes up with a tab to "Reband", then it puts in the custom bandplan. I downloaded the latest verizon of Firmware which was Ver.3.02.02.

Here is the area that I'am in:

State: Texas
County: Jefferson
Trunk System: Beaumont / Jefferson County / Hardn County / Motorola

Info above from Radio Reference.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The ARC396 Software seems to be working fine, I did put in the "Motorola Type 2 800 Mhz Custom" @ the General Tab, then go to the "Trunk System Parameters" Then hit "Edit Bandplan", then a box comes up with a tab to "Reband", then it puts in the custom bandplan. I downloaded the latest verizon of Firmware which was Ver.3.02.02.

Here is the area that I'am in:

State: Texas
County: Jefferson
Trunk System: Beaumont / Jefferson County / Hardn County / Motorola

Info above from Radio Reference.
Right, I recognized the area & system, even though I'm not down there.

And you have installed the 3.02.02 firmware on the scanner, right? It shows that version when you check it under settings?

If you've done that, then I'd go back to my earlier suggestion, which is to post a copy of the file so that somebody can take a peek. Sometimes one little thing accidentally gets overlooked. I've misfired on a couple myself over the years.

Also, hold on the system. Verify that you're receiving a good control channel signal from at least one of the three sites. Just press the "Hold" key, then scroll to the Beaumont system. As you get into it, the first thing that will 'appear' in the screen will be the trunk frequencies. Make sure you're hearing the active control channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.