BCD396T Question & Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
Hello All!

I just bought a used Uniden BCD396T.

Well when I got the thing it has the former owners name programmed on the start up screen. I was wanting to see how to change this and replace it with my name.

Plus the thing is sort of beat up. I was wanting to find out if I could sent the thing back to Uniden for a refurbish job.

I was wanting to possible find out a cost too.

Please let me know,

Thanks

David

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
As to the first question - you can certainly do it with software - and there's lots of support for the 396, including the freeware packages FreeScan and BCTool plus - but how you do it manually I don't have a clue...as to the repairs - that's an UPMan question....

best regards..Mike

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I have a 396T I bought in 2006 and carry daily. In the early days I programmed it manually. After a few years the function button quit working and the dial on top had a lot of play.

I sent it to Uniden, and for the flat rate of $49 they replaced the function button, replaced the dial, replaced the keyboard, updated the firmware, and checked it over, with a turnaround time of three weeks door-to-door.

It came back like new. I highly recommend this to you. I still carry this radio daily, in a hard leather case.

Just go to the Uniden website.

Last edited:

scanningisfun

I have a 396T I bought in 2006 and carry daily. In the early days I programmed it manually. After a few years the function button quit working and the dial on top had a lot of play.

I sent it to Uniden, and for the flat rate of $49 they replaced the function button, replaced the dial, replaced the keyboard, updated the firmware, and checked it over, with a turnaround time of three weeks door-to-door.

It came back like new. I highly recommend this to you. I still carry this radio daily, in a hard leather case.

Just go to the Uniden website.

This is what i am going to do with mine. I think i will buy a case also. I have a lot of scratches on my 396. The most annoying ones being on the screen and between the keys of the keyboard. One of the things that annoys me the most right now is that the remote rubber thingy is like bulging from the side of the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.