BCD396T Question??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mully95

I'm thinking about buying a BCD396T and was wondering if this scanner supports Motorola ASTRO 25 system. My local sheriff is going to convert to this system in the next year. They are already digital. I looked at the specs of the BCD396T and it is

Analog
Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface
APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive

Another words is ASTRO25 and APCO25 the same?

Just want to make sure because spending that kind of money it would be a shame to still not be able to hear the sheriff.

mully95

n2mdk said:

Thanks.

I believe I'm going to sell the BC276T because I can't hear the sheriff. I wished I did some more investigation before I bought it. I didn't know the local sheriff was Digital until I was trying to program the scanner. You've helped me get it going and I have been receiving traffic in my area on the trunk system. I am getting the Highway Patrol in which I couldn't get it at all with the old scanner.

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
I kinda did the same thing a couple of years back, not know anything about my states system, so I bought a Pro-83 thinking I could pick up 800Mhz, thats not the case when its digital ( dumbass me ). I finally got enough money to get a 396T a couple of months ago and love it, there isn't much it can't pick up except encryped stuff, which some of the agencies in my state are thinking of going to.

mully95

osoklrs said:
I kinda did the same thing a couple of years back, not know anything about my states system, so I bought a Pro-83 thinking I could pick up 800Mhz, thats not the case when its digital ( dumbass me ). I finally got enough money to get a 396T a couple of months ago and love it, there isn't much it can't pick up except encryped stuff, which some of the agencies in my state are thinking of going to.

I bought the 396T yesterday so it should be here sometime this week. I put the 296T on ebay for Buy It Now price for $175. I don't know if that's to much but it is cheaper than any other used scanner on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.