BCD396T System Location Display Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ88

I have 13 systems programmed in my 396T and use Free Scan. Each system is assigned a quick key. In Free Scan the systems are listed according to quick key (from1 to 13) and there is a number [X] next to each system indicating the quick key number. System number 10 is located where it's supposed to be in the Free Scan file, but when I upload the file to the scanner, System 10 always comes out last on the display screen. Yet when I push .10 it will activate or deactivate the system,so I know it's programmed where it should be, it just doesn't show it in the 10th position on the display screen. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? In my other two scanners that I use Free Scan with, all systems are displayed in their proper locations.

kma371

QRT
That's normal on 396/996s There is no "10" on the display, so it uses "0"

DJ88

This is how the systems show on the FreeScan file:(in system quick key order)
[Conv] Ocean County [1]
[Conv] Ocean County TRS [2]
[Conv] Monmouth County 3]
[MOT 2] Manchester TRS
[MP25} Manchester TRS [4]
[Conv] Marine [5]
Conv] State Conventional [6]
[MOT 2} State Police TRS
[M82S] State Police TRS [7]
[MOT2] JCP&L
[M92] JCP&L [8]
[MOT 2} Jackson Twp TRS
[MU2] Jackson Twp TRS [9]
MONOC [10]
[MOT 2} St Police Trp A
[M82S] St. Police Trp A [11]
[Conv] AC Airport [12]
Conv] Federal [13]

This is how they appear on the scanner display:
Ocean County
Ocean County TRS
Monmouth County
Manchester TRS
Marine
State Conventional
State Police TRS
JCP&L
Jackson Twp TRS
State Police Trp A
A C Airport
Federal
MONOC

Notice MONOC -
Quick Key 10 on the Free Scan File and in the proper location.
Last on the display screen (actually in the 13th position)
And, as I said, it's programmed properly because when I hit .10 it activates and deactivates the system. It just shows up in the wrong spot on the display and I can't get it to move up to the right position, which would be after Jackson Twp. TRS.

W6KRU

I understand the question now. I am not sure about this because I never cared enough about it to investigate but I think that the order you are referring to is determined by the order in which systems are loaded. Possibly the last one loaded is the first one. If you reload one of your systems, the order will be altered.

DJ88

I uploaded everything again from Free Scan. Before I did, I checked "Erase all systems and settings", which empties the scanner, and then loads everything from the file. As it was loading, I watched each system and group load, and MONOC loaded when it was supposed to, after System 9, but it still came out last again on the display.

W6KRU

Yes, but if you load the marine and State conv again, you will find them out of order as well. The scanner does not order the systems by quick key.

What problem is this causing?

DJ88

Np problem. Everything shows in the correct order on the screen on the 996T and 15X and I was just curious if anyone knew why this was happening on the 396 only. Thanks for your input, though.

slicerwizard

And 20=30, 30=40, 40=50, 50=60, 60=70, 70=80, 80=90 and 90=100.

I guess that's that "New Math" stuff I've heard about. Or maybe it's just "Uniden Math".

0=0 through 99=99 just made too much sense?

Just another design flaw that ain't getting fixed.

DJ88

And 20=30, 30=40, 40=50, 50=60, 60=70, 70=80, 80=90 and 90=100.

I guess that's that "New Math" stuff I've heard about. Or maybe it's just "Uniden Math".

0=0 through 99=99 just made too much sense?

Just another design flaw that ain't getting fixed.

Uniden at it's best! And....there's nothing about this in the manual either. They're like the suits in the corporate world. Well educated in their trade but not a lick of common sense. Unbelievable!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.