BCD396T/BC996T: BCD396T totally locked up

Status
Not open for further replies.

bergg

Premium Subscriber
Scanner has worked well since I bought it new. Today I was using Freescan to update the frequencies and when I pulled the jumper cable out, it went to the start splash screen (my name etc screen), it just locked up.

No buttons works, tuning knob doesn't work. Only way to shut it off is take out batteries.

Can not find any answer for this.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

joeuser

The Wretched
Scanner has worked well since I bought it new. Today I was using Freescan to update the frequencies and when I pulled the jumper cable out, it went to the start splash screen (my name etc screen), it just locked up.

No buttons works, tuning knob doesn't work. Only way to shut it off is take out batteries.

Can not find any answer for this.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you.
You put the batteries back in & it still does this?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'd first try the scanner using the AC adapter only (batteries removed) and see what happens. Could be that a battery is going bad.

If worst comes to worst, you can try a hard re-set.

To reset the scanner --

1.) Turn off the scanner

2.) While holding down the "2" , "9" , and "HOLD" buttons (all at the same time), turn on the scanner. In about 3 seconds, a message should appear about ALL Memory Clear.

3.) It will then ask you if you want to restore Preprogram List. (That is what the scanner came from the factory programmed to scan). Press "E" key to restore or "." key to not restore.

wtp

danger!!!!!

Scanner Reset to initialize the scanner's memory, turn off the scanner. Then press 2, 9, and Hold while turning it on (It helps if you can lay it flat).
Important! This deletes all programmed data. You cannot restore the preprogrammed data that has been deleted.

wtp

t vs xt

had to get that out there quick

there is a couple of differences between the two models, and that is a biggie.

it still might be the answer but i hope you have it backed up.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
It sounds like you unplugged the cable before the upload was complete. Reset the scanner as instructed in Post #3 then try programming it again. DO NOT UNPLUG THE CABLE UNTIL THE UPLOAD IS COMPLETE AND THE SCANNER RESUMES SCANNING.

bergg

Premium Subscriber
Thank you...... You were correct, I did pull the cable while using Freescan to program.
The 2,9 Hold did it.

Can't thank you guys enough. I was looking to buy a new scanner. You guys are great!

Status
Not open for further replies.