BCD396T - Tower Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjf

I understand that you can "hold" on a channel while scanning and it will display the tower information - but not consistantly.

Seems if it finds a TG, pressing "hold" will do just that - hold on the TG and not display the tower.

Any other way to do this?

Thanks.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
In the "Cutom Search" section i have set up a search of 774-776, then i chose CChannel "ON", when it stops on a CChannel ex: 775.03125 it stops, shows the FREQY-TOWER #- ID------, when the freqy's pertaining to that data channel and the ID's pop up you can record the complete site information and install it into your scanner as a SYSTEM QKEY...Page 97 OM.....

wjf

RoninJoliet said:
In the "Cutom Search" section i have set up a search of 774-776, then i chose CChannel "ON", when it stops on a CChannel ex: 775.03125 it stops, shows the FREQY-TOWER #- ID------, when the freqy's pertaining to that data channel and the ID's pop up you can record the complete site information and install it into your scanner as a SYSTEM QKEY...Page 97 OM.....

I must be getting old, Ron. I don't understand the above comment.

I don't use Custom Searches much. I'm just trying to figure out where the tower I'm hitting is.

In short: Holding on a channel, if it hits a TG, won't display the tower info. Do you know any other way?

Thanks.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I don't think Ron meant to post in this thread... Anyway - Dave is right. Press HOLD and scroll to the control channel.

ke4ppj

to scroll after you hit the hold button........just turn the knob up top of the radio and it will change channels

Status
Not open for further replies.