BCD396T Volume Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

redandblue

Hello I recently acquired a BCD396T and I have a question about the volume between analog and digital systems. I thought I had seen something about this before but I haven't been able to find it with the search feature or anywhere on google. When scanning an analog and digital trunked system at the same time, if an analog talkgroup becomes active the volume is much louder than if a digital talkgroup becomes active. I also have a PSR-500 that comes across pretty equal between analog and digital. I would appreciate any help that you might be able to offer. Thanks

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
First, make sure that the analog channel is using the correct demodulation. Most bands use NFM for the AUTO setting...if the agency is still using FM, then their transmission will overmodulate (be too loud) when demodulated using NFM.

Most public safety and business systems are required to switch to NFM by the end of 2012.

redandblue

Ok thanks, please forgive my ignorance but how do you tell if it is NFM or FM on the trunked systems in the database because I did not see any designations for either.

Status
Not open for further replies.