BCD396T vs BCD396Xt vs GRE 600/RS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tulsey

Premium Subscriber
The place where I work has added several of the BCD396T scanners over the last few years. Cloning the programming has made a chore into a couple of minutes job. I have been given permission to buy a new scanner and just noticed the BCD 396XT which I assume would mean starting all over in programming as would the GRE made Psr-600 or the Radio Shack version. Being lazy I am tempted just to get another BCD396T while they are still available, but if the XT or the Psr-600 is that much better the cost is not much different and what is another day of my life gone programming a new scanner.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Most software comptible with the BCD396XT will allow you to read from the "T" and write back out to the "XT." Of course, it won't take advantage of the new features in the "XT" when you do that, but it will get you operational quickly and then you can tweak around later.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Freescan is one of them... Just note you may need to click "auto upper" to calculate a upper limit on the bandplans (an added programming step)

If you get a GRE I believe proscan does uniden and GRE. I believe don't quote me on that

XTS3000

If you like the 396T, then you'll love the 396XT. Everything the T can do and a whole bunch more. Lots of little things here and there, but in the long run all these things really add up to make the XT a worth upgrade. Trust me, I had the 396T since it was released, then upgraded to the XT. I never look back wanting my 396T back.

Also you can just open your 396T scanner in Freescan, and clone it to a new 396XT. So that makes life a million times easier. Also you already know how to operate the 396T, so you'll already know how to operate the XT.

Never looked back...........

Status
Not open for further replies.