BCD396T vs Burlington County, NJ re-banded system. Can do or no? K2QWQ Southampton, NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2QWQ1

Premium Subscriber
Having two Uni BCD396T receivers, and a GRE-PSR 500 and I would like to have them programmed for the new Burlington County 700mHz re-banded system.

I suspect it is not possible but do not know. Anyone know for sure?

TNX K2QWQ@comcast.net

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Rebanding has nothing to do with 700 MHz, nor does it affect a scanner's ability to track 800 MHz P25 systems.

You have a different problem, which is that neither of those scanners will work on the new Burlington County P25 system, as they cannot receive Phase II talkgroups. Sorry, time to upgrade.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Another thing to consider is that law enforcement for Burlington County shows fully encrypted, which makes it impossible to receive with any scanner. Fire and Public Works are open to receive.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Current equivalent to the 396T is the Uniden 325P2 that is phase II. Maybe sell that 396T to someone outside the county or state and put that money towards a 325P2? Looks like many of your neighboring counties at least are also phase II. Mercer county is not at least.

No police as stated above but, other than one radio shop talkgroup rest are shown in the clear see under the column MODE TE encrypted, T in the clear. See Burlington County Public Safety (P25) Trunking System, Burlington County, New Jersey - Scanner Frequencies

Your 396T could still get these minus the ones with DMR assuming they are still in operation and havent moved 911 stuff to the trunking system. Always could check by programming these frequencies in.
Burlington County, New Jersey (NJ) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I've been having good results with the BCD325P2 and BCD996P2 scanners on the new Burlco system. The only downside to the 325P2 is the battery capacity. If you do decide on either of these I'd be happy to help you program them. I'm in Medford.

Status
Not open for further replies.