BCD396T Will Not Pick UP Western Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadman1977

I just picked up a BCD396T and my scanner will not pick up any talkgroups on the Western Wayne Mutual Aid System. My BC796D picks them up fine. The BCD396T picks up all other systems just fine. Please help and thanks in advance!!

Keithrl79

Mine works

I have a 396, and listen to the Western Wayne system quite well.

Could be a programming issue.... I am not sure of the differences between your two scanners....

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Keithrl79 said:
I have a 396, and listen to the Western Wayne system quite well.

Could be a programming issue.... I am not sure of the differences between your two scanners....

You could send him your .usd (system) file for Western Wayne. Maybe that would help?

roadman1977

Found out why it was not working. I was using pure P25 when I should have selected 800MHZ type 2. Whenever the system transmits I always see P25 on my BC796D, the tech told me to use the above noted system type and even if the system is P25 it will work. They could have mentioned that in the manual and saved me from pulling out my hair. Thanks to all who helped on this board!!!

seamusg

roadman1977 said:
Found out why it was not working. I was using pure P25 when I should have selected 800MHZ type 2. Whenever the system transmits I always see P25 on my BC796D, the tech told me to use the above noted system type and even if the system is P25 it will work. They could have mentioned that in the manual and saved me from pulling out my hair. Thanks to all who helped on this board!!!
Western Wayne is not a P25 system, but is a mixed mode system with a 3600 baud CC. MPSCS is a P25 system with a 9600 baud CC. The BC796D display of P25 is saying the voice is P25 digital, and not the system type. Look at the database here for MPSCS and you'll see it's different than Western Wayne. Other than MPSCS there aren't too many other P25 systems in Michigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.