• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

BCD396t wont power up

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmmac

I am the new owner of the 396.after several failed attemps to install all the down loads from uniden, that is always a com issue, my new unit wont power up from the ac power or batteries. the backlight does power up with the l/o-6 key and plugging in the ac.
did i fry it !!!??

pro92b

It's not fried, the firmware update just failed. A successful firmware update will set things right again. Follow the firmware update instructions exactly and try more than one computer if problems continue.

tmmac

After talking with other owners, I have not fried it. the backlight still powers up,as pro92b mentioned thanks for the help.another thing i might try is downloading the files to a new uniden file,i have been putting it in my doc and shared file, this is the 5th day i have been trying to get the firmware to load. It did work prior to the first attemp to down load.

Status
Not open for further replies.