bcd396t

Status
Not open for further replies.

kubik1981

Premium Subscriber
I have a bcd396t i was running the old firmware i think 1.13.00 or something close and everything worked fine until all the new digital systems came out. So i went on uniden updated to 3.02.02 had all the new frequencies installed and nothing so the guy who programmed redid the firmware and reprogrammed it and nothing. he has the same scanner and same firmware and next to mine was working fine,we even tried a house antenna. I sent it in to uniden they had it for about a month and sent it back and the sheet said j403. now it locks up on analog with no transmission but not on control freq. when transmitting, anyone have any ideas.

kubik1981

Premium Subscriber
wow you guys are real helpful good thing i didnt pay for a membership

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
wow you guys are real helpful good thing i didnt pay for a membership

Just wow. How old are you?

As already mentioned, you may need a custom band plan set. Or the system type may have been programmed incorrectly. Or the channel may be marked as analog only. What system is this? Kind of hard to diagnose with limited information. It might help if you can have the person who programmed it for you post here. We don't mind helping those with positive attitudes.

Or, you can download the data directly from the database and program it yourself using FreeScan, but that would require you paying for a membership.....

kubik1981

Premium Subscriber
ok i do appologize for my comment earlier i have been in a bad stretch in my life and the whole scanner thing was the icing on the cake. I have tried free scan also the guy who programmed it has the excact same scanner and the channels all worked fine. its like it has no schuelch. it locks up on annalog with no transmissions but not on the trunking frequencies. but it does show a signal on the signal bar.

simplec6

Does this happen on every single system? How about during a search? How about weather channels? We need more information on what you've done to single out the problem.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Also, it would help to know what system(s) for the conventional frequencies are giving you problems. Either provode a link to the database page (or pages), or at least give their names (city, county, agency, etc).

You might also attach your FreeSCAN file to a post, so somebody can take a peek and see if anything appears out of place. Since the *.996 file format for FreeSCAN is not an acceptable file extension for upload on the forum, either compress the file first using a file utility such as WinZip, or 7Zip, then attach the zipped file. You can also simply add a second extension to the file name. Example: If your file was named kubik1981.996, then save a copy as kubik1981.996.txt and attach that one.

If you are using the standard whip antenna on your scanner, and are getting the 'locked up' symptom indoors, remember that you may be getting interference from one or more devices in your house. PC's, monitors, wireless hubs, broadband modems, and some printers all produce noise that will interfere with a scanner, especially at close rane. One of my photo printers really stalls out several of my radios, causing them to stop on one of several frequencies as if somebody was "dead-keying" a mike, unless I move them away from that printer, or use an external antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.