BCD396xt/996XT - Butel

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I have a subscription to Butel for my 996XT, if I were to get a 396XT, and the Butel software to program it, could I copy and paste, or even simply dump the same programming from the 996 into the 396 without having to write an entirely new codeplug?

joeuser

The Wretched
I would think one could import the data as long as the capabilities & stuff are the same. If not with the default format, probably csv or similar

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the reply.

I would like to be able to almost "clone" it, but I am not sure if that would work. CSV files are a pain, and all the info entered doesn't transfer over.

I was hoping (and still am) that one could take the programming from one (996xt) and transfer it to another (396xt) without having to copy and paste a lot.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have a subscription to Butel for my 996XT, if I were to get a 396XT, and the Butel software to program it, could I copy and paste, or even simply dump the same programming from the 996 into the 396 without having to write an entirely new codeplug?
Actually, if you already have ARC-XT, the Butel software for the 996XT, you already have the correct software for the 396XT. That software version supports both scanners, as well as the BCT15X. You would be able to write the same programming file, created for your 996XT, to the 396XT.

Now, for the older scanners, such as the 396T and 996T, there were separate versions for each scanner, but that changed for the XT series.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Oh wow, that's better than what I expected to hear! Thanks!

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I have the spiral bound, east to read booklet for the996-XT, would it be beneficial to get the one for the 396-XT, or are they so similar, I'd be wasting my money? Thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have the spiral bound, east to read booklet for the996-XT, would it be beneficial to get the one for the 396-XT, or are they so similar, I'd be wasting my money? Thanks
They are very similar. The main difference is that some of the keys referenced are separate keys, available on the 996XT, whereas on the 396XT, you have to press "Function" then a keypad number. Also some differences in display options. I'd just bookmark the online version for the 396XT if you need to verify the variance in procedure for the handheld. If that proves too confusing, only then would I suggest ordering another printed version.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
What about "I call"s? (individual calling) The online instructions state to enter "0" in an "I call talkgroup to receive I calls. Do I need to do this to receive them, or does it do it automatically?

Status
Not open for further replies.