BCD396XT - adding bluetooth & battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrc1045A

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Just got back from vacation and I was wondering if someone has done this to the BCD396XT.
I want to add bluetooth, longer capacity battery and wireless battery charging. I want to have the bluetooth connect to my audio system (I have an aftermarket system and it has a mixer we setup with bluetooth). I would like the scanner to transmit across the audio system, with levels and such that we have already setup. We pulled apart one of the scanners and it looks like we can get a li-poly battery and the bluetooth module inside the battery compartment. It seems to work nicely and run time is slightly longer than that the original batteries (I just purchased the scanner from the vendor). Not sure on how we want to do the surface charging but I may just opt for option two.

I am thinking this will be used in a car or vehicle. I purchased four 396xt scanner for daily use but we was thinking of "docking" the scanner. We can add power and antennae jacks on the bottom. I think we can just print the base on the 3D printer. The idea is to dock the scanner and the battery and power connections. We got some crazy interference with the surface charging idea anyways. What do you all think? That way we can just cap the existing antennae port with a plastic cap from the 3D printer. It's allot smaller than using the 996XT in a vehicle - I also have a remote display but it is still huge.

wrc1045A

Premium Subscriber
BCD396XT - adding bluetooth & battery

Well I sure anyone could do it. I hoping to get one done by next week. The connectors are the hard ones to locate and integrate. We want the dock to float the connections. Looking for an rf and power connector is proving harder than we thought. We need something that fits our format and spacing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.