BCD396XT audio thru ext. speaker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc0net

Premium Subscriber
I found out the same thing that jimg did. Pull the plug out until it just makes contact, works great. If you are having trouble finding the RS amplified speaker look on E-Bay someone is selling Motorola amp speakers for $26.95. These have a 1/8 inch plug on them and they will blast you out.

randybcd396t

Premium Subscriber
I found out the same thing that jimg did. Pull the plug out until it just makes contact, works great. If you are having trouble finding the RS amplified speaker look on E-Bay someone is selling Motorola amp speakers for $26.95. These have a 1/8 inch plug on them and they will blast you out.
I found the RS amplified speaker, but it is wired for a car (e.g. 12V). Is there an amplified speaker that runs on house current?

kc0net

Premium Subscriber
I don't believe that the amplified speakers come in 120 volt. I use a 120/12 volt adapter. Maybe you have a old one in your junk box. I cut the end of it off and attached to the speaker. Works great.

sjlamb

I don't believe that the amplified speakers come in 120 volt. I use a 120/12 volt adapter. Maybe you have a old one in your junk box. I cut the end of it off and attached to the speaker. Works great.

Anyone doing this would be well advised to not use any type of power adaptor that is under-rated for the device you want to supply power. Failure to do so could result in damage to equipment, burned out power supply, FIRE or... all of the above. In other words... DO NOT use a power adaptor rated for 500 ma to supply power to a device that draws more than 500 ma. Amplified speaker for home use should really be power by a 12 VDC regulated power supply:

Attachments

• Micronta12vdcSupply.jpg
    Micronta12vdcSupply.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 341

key71cs

Premium Subscriber
Can I use an amplified external speaker on the bcd396xt through the earphone jack? Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Solution :
Thank you for using our system.

Thank you for contacting Uniden with your question.

Unfortunately it is not intented to be used in that manner. It would not be advisable.

Thank you for choosing Uniden.
Sincerely,

sjlamb

Can I use an amplified external speaker on the bcd396xt through the earphone jack? Thanks.

Yes... absolutely. That's pretty much what this whole thread has been discussing, Read thru all the posts for more detail. And, just make sure you follow Dick's advice from a few Post's back for converting the speaker's mono plug to stereo and you will have exceptional audio output:

Originally Posted by rvictor
You should be able to get a stereo to mono adapter at Radio Shack.

1/8" Stereo Plug to 1/8" Mono Plug Adapter - RadioShack.com

Dick

Last edited:

Uplink

Thanks for all the tips guys. My new 396XT audio was WAAAYYY lower than my 396T through the RS amplified speaker. Got worried, checked the forums, Stereo to Mono adapter did the trick! Worries over! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.