BCD396XT / BCD996XT Firmware Update Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Uniden expects to release a firmware update for the BCD396XT and BCD996XT near the end of February. This update is intended to improve reception and decoding of APCO 25 systems on many systems.

We've been developing and testing this update for a while, and are quite pleased overall with the improvements achieved.

Looking forward to getting this into your hands.

scanningisfun

Uniden expects to release a firmware update for the BCD396XT and BCD996XT near the end of February. This update is intended to improve reception and decoding of APCO 25 systems on many systems.

We've been developing and testing this update for a while, and are quite pleased overall with the improvements achieved.

Thank you UPman.

Jacob

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Since the last update, I have a new computer running Windows 7 Home edition. I was able to download the updater, however I tried to run the latest update (1.04) as sort of a practice run for the upcoming update. Having an issue with the .scn file...can't be found etc. Any suggestions?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Did you download the scn file? It is zipped, you need to unzip it after downloading.

kd8x

This sounds encouraging...I wonder if it has anything to do with us getting manual adjustments back on P25 extended menu????

CoolCat

Premium Subscriber
It is great to know that Uniden is still supporting its older models. This will make many existing XT owners very happy. :)

Any info on what specific new options/settings this update will include?

frazpo

It is great to know that Uniden is still supporting its older models. This will make many existing XT owners very happy. :)

They should. There are no newer models out. I think that's why people were getting frustrated.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Did you download the scn file? It is zipped, you need to unzip it after downloading.

I had to download WinZip again. Thought it carried over from previous computer. Sorry to prematurely sound the alarm. Thanks for the heads up on the update...look foward to it.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound

Looks like only one- an improvement to the P25 decoding/ operation, according to the Uniden spokesperson.
Maybe there will be another one after this with other things we are looking for, like last channel recall after scan resumes. Shouldn't take too much for some, but others would take memory away from current operations so they can't be done without a hardware upgrade (memory expansion).

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Looks like only one- an improvement to the P25 decoding/ operation, according to the Uniden spokesperson.
Maybe there will be another one after this with other things we are looking for, like last channel recall after scan resumes. Shouldn't take too much for some, but others would take memory away from current operations so they can't be done without a hardware upgrade (memory expansion).

A very important update i'd say. Sure...i'd like to see more Talkgroup ID's per system so I could add all my Radio ID's to a large system, but as i've learned can't have it all. Maybe even an improvement is One-Frequency Trunk system usage (Not as popular of a system to use, but the Chicago Fire Dept. will be using this soon). Will wait and see...as I have 2-996XT's, and 1-396XT.

SquierStrat

how exactly is there newest digital handheld scanner, an older model?

anyways, after this firmware is released, i hope to hear a couple people say its better then, or at least equal to the psr 500/800 in regards to p25 simulcast system. hearing that will, without a doubt, push me over the edge to finally buy one of these

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.