bcd396xt belmont settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOf674

I can pick up the system with my 996t but the new 396xt just fails to pick up anything, the cc is something...XXX.7125Mhz but not reading anything? any ideas?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Assuming you are talking about Belmont Co, Ohio's trunked system, Belmont's active CC is actually 853.7000. This is a rebanded system. I think you'll need to specify in your XT that it is a rebanded system.

1. Make sure you configure it as a Motorola Type II 800 system
- select 800 Mhz Custom as the Motorola System Type

It is not a P25 system. It is a mixed analog/digital system with 3600 baud CC

2. Make sure you program in all the possible CCs

853.7000 pri cc
853.4500 alt cc
851.7625 alt cc
851.4375 alt cc

3. Make sure you Edit the Bandplan

EditBandPlan < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

Set bandplan 1 and 2 per the instructions

4. Run in ID SEARCH mode instead of ID SCAN mode for starters, so that you know you'll hear any active talkgroup

Mike

LOf674

Settings?

On my bcd996t the settings show a P25 system program (i programmed with ARC using RR interface) and it tracked the system fine. I followed the info above for the 996XT and 396XT, so now it hits the CC fine but will not show any talkgroup activity? I do show scan lists in the bank and had the units side by side using similar antennas as we drove through yesterday...Any suggestions?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
You profile says you are from Cincinnati, but you are mentioning Belmont in the Ohio forums. Are you trying to set up the Belmont Co Ohio trunked system? Or are you trying to set up some other system?

As I said before, The Belmont system is a Motorola Type II 800 system. It has mixed analog/digital voice and has a 3600 baud control channel. It is not a P25 system, it is a Motorola Type II 800 system and needs to be programmed as such.

1. Program the Belmont system as a Motorola Type II 800 Mhz system
2. Make sure your BCD996T has the latest firmware so that it supports the needed custom bandplan
3. Set the appropriate bandplan info - EditBandPlan < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

And, last but not least, when testing a new system you should always run in ID SEARCH mode so that it will pick up all talkgroups, just in case you don't have a particular talkgroup programmed in or have it programmed incorrectly.

And keep in mind that although the Belmont system is a countywide system, it is nto constantly busy. if you are just driving through on I70, it is possible to not hear anything from one end of the county to the other.... it's unlikely that you will hear nothing, but it's possible that you will hear nothing.

In order to track this system properly it is very important thhat you program it as a Moto Type II 800 Mhz system with the custom bandplan. Otherwise you are not going to track the system.

Mike

LOf674

settings

My 996t tracks the system fine...and it is the belmont county ohio trunked system. The problem I am having is that the 996xt is tracking (ie showing the CC and scrolling ID SEARCH) but not showing any activity on the system. The 996T is working fine. Both have been programmed with their respective versions of ARC software, yet the the 996XT shows the system as the Motorola 800 "re-banded" with the custom bandplan and so forth. The 996T shows the system when programmed as Motorola 800 P25.

So my question maybe better suited for the software section. It's a subtle difference, but the system isn't throwing off any traffic.

Problem is, I travel and unless I stop in every county with my laptop and make adjustments I can't full check the settings.

So again, I am asking for anyone in that area who uses ARC software to program their 996XT, what settings do you use to program (software not manually) their unit to listen to the Belmont County Ohio trunked radio system?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.