BCD396XT cannot load preprogrammed

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny-bravo

I got this used and when I turn it on it says Alaska ALMR which I have found looks to be one of the preprogrammed systems but I havent been able to change it, I need to use the preprogrammed one named WVirginia WVIRP, after I select it it gives me other options and i have not a clue what or how to get it set in, the CD that came with it is useless and doesnt tell you how to set this, I did a search and people have been instructed to go Easier to Read BCD396XT Digital Scanner Manual, even the wiki section on here doesnt explain how to open the preprogrammed into the uniden so i can use it, any thoughts? I have watched many youtube videos but nothing on this. thanks

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
All of the preprogrammed systems in that scanner are now going to be nearly 10 years out of date. You need to use current information from this site to make your systems to scan.

wtp

the quick way to lock them out

as you are scanning alaska
press the function pad on the side, hit lockout twice quickly.
if you are too slow it will return after a power cycle (off and on).
this is just a start, then onto programming...

johnny-bravo

as you are scanning alaska
press the function pad on the side, hit lockout twice quickly.
if you are too slow it will return after a power cycle (off and on).
this is just a start, then onto programming...

when I do that it says keypad lock off

johnny-bravo

any other guides one can use to try and figure this scanner out? right now i have a $200 paperweight, while it was scanning on the Alaska channels i did figure out if I hit HOLD then FUNC then the number 1 it has 10 different frequency ranges you choose from to scan and while i was playing with that im not sure what i hit but it did switch it over the WV preprogrammed part but I hit the scan button and it switched back to Alaska....... any thoughts?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The firmware does nothing for the preloaded database. You need to delete the preloaded systems and program systems using the fresh data here at RadioReference.

Status
Not open for further replies.