BCD396XT custom search issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9LLO

I have had this scanner since it first came out but never used some of the features. I tried to get used to using and programming custom searchs and found it will not stop on weather channels included in the custom search limits. Hold and manual tune they receive fine but wont stop in search. All lockouts are off and CTCSS/DCS search is off but I dont think that would matter anyway. What gives?

Chris
N9LLO

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
I'm probably wrong, but I think it's cuz it has a weather search feature.

Just press [HOLD] on any channel, then press [FUNC] > [0/wx]. Press [SCAN] to resume scanning.

Why have it come up in a custom search when it has it's own search.

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
If using Freescan, go Scanner>set up Scanner Options>Searching
There are some check boxes there to select what the scanner will ignore when using Close Call AND the other Searches (Custom and Service). Checking the boxes allow you to ignore/select pager, Broadcast, UHF TV, VHF TV, NOAA WX.
They were all checked (off) on mine and I have never touched them. This leads me to believe their default setting is the "off" position. Probably for the reasons NOWEF said.
I have NO idea how to do this with the manual settings on the radio or when using other software. Sorry!
Good luck,

Last edited:

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Just a thought, in custom search programming i think you can set parameters when you set them up to turn off or block paging possibly WX which hang up the search??....

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Just a thought, in custom search programming i think you can set parameters when you set them up to turn off or block paging possibly WX which hang up the search??....
Another possibility is that 'C-chan' (control channel only) has been selected. That would cause the scanner to ignore the WX frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.