BCD396XT Factory Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryAaron

Premium Subscriber
It took me a long time to find out how to reset my BCD396XT scanner to it's original factory state. I found a thread for another Uniden scanner and tried what it said he does for his scanner and it worked. So I thought I would post it here under the proper name

It takes four hands to complete this. LOL just kidding

1. Turn off your scanner

2. Hold down the following keys at the same time.

2, 9, and hold

3. While holding down those three buttons, power the unit on

That is all there is to it. You will have to press the Yes key afterwards, but you will be able to see that in the window when it asks you. After you hit the yes key, it will take a minute at least to reset itself.

Good luck

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
It took me a long time to find out how to reset my BCD396XT scanner to it's original factory state. I found a thread for another Uniden scanner and tried what it said he does for his scanner and it worked. So I thought I would post it here under the proper name

1. Turn off your scanner

2, 9, and hold

That is all there is to it. You will have to press the Yes key afterwards, but you will be able to see that in the window when it asks you. After you hit the yes key, it will take a minute at least to reset itself.

Good luck

That, along with many other gems of information for most radios out there can be found right here in the RR wiki pages:

BCD396XT - The RadioReference Wiki

and here:

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Uniden_scanner_test_modes

Last edited:

xrsm002

My scanner searches for a control channel, I have tried reprogramming it through the software, but the control channel it finds is a radio station I am picking up. The control channel (CC) search icon in the lower right hand corner is constantly on. It didn't start doing this until I accidently dropped it. :(

bama9999

The CC you are referring to is for the Close Call feature, not control channel. Which model radio do you have?

KW4HKY

1. Turn off your scanner

2, 9, and hold

Good luck
Why did it take so long to figure this out? I took me maybe 20 seconds to google it.

True about the extra hands.

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
Lol I didn't see the "2" there. Holding 2 + 9 + hold while powering on to reset.

It says: 2,9 power on as if 2 means Step 2.

Sent from my SCH-I605

going to be useful info. ordered a "like new" 396XT yesterday. 1st thing I planned on doing is a factory reset. i already own one 396xt and have never needed to do this as i purchased it new. prob not a bad thing to do once in awhile. like formatting a computer hard drive and starting from scratch. i love the scanner so much i want to own two of them. it's my favorite scanner i have ever owned, and i have owned dozens over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.